Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gold test kit
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Wanted > SOLD or Found!
prospecta04342
Hi all, I've been doing some testing of a new testing kit for gold, and I thought some of you may be interested in this. Thanks, John
test kit
Si_NM
I've heard you say the results of fire assay arent accurate. They are good to one one hundredth of an ounce per ton for gold and silver.. Expensive?? 15 bucks per assay ,, not bad for something reliable. There isnt any way your chem test can get you in the ballpark on proper valuation. Color intensity is too subjective. Even if you could test to the nth drgree and get valuations out to the hundredth of an ounce per ton, the results would be meaningless on valuation if you don't know the accurate sample weight that you started with. Assay labs have many dollars worth of measuring equipment to provide you with accurate results. mad.gif

Thumbs down on this one.

ps,, dumbing down your language to resemble cornpone Hollywood miner hick speech is insulting.

Si NM
prospecta04342
Hi Si, I think you have missed the reason for the post, All I was doing was trying to do was to show the results of the test procedure. I think I Showed how the procedure was performed, and the results of each step. The final results are evident, a reaction in one and none in the other. As far as being subjective to the color, I'm not looking for the numbers, I'm looking for ore that may contain gold. Up here in Maine, any lode deposit will be small, so any test that will show me the barren ones is as important as the ones that do contain gold.
I'm afraid you have put words in my mouth that are not spoken by me. Nowhere have I said that fire assay are not accurate, those are someone elses words.

Please explain what you mean by" ps,, dumbing down your language to resemble cornpone Hollywood miner hick speech is insulting." as it relates to my words. I have no beef with you,, why the insults?? John

Ps, I have no affiliation with the company that makes or sells the kits, I just wanted to show the results, I'm sorry if I have offended anyone. John
Si_NM
Before the ad got pulled in the AK prospecting thread, it was clearly stated that fire assay results were not that accurate, and expensive for what they are. Being an assayer, I took exception to that. It was also mentioned that the your test could fairly much tell you what you have numbers wise,, my words there, I didnt take the time to reread it. How can you make accuracy an issue when the chem test cant approach fire assay numbers? If you want to promote a product, you or the makers shouldn't denigrate the efforts of others in the name of self promotion. If a primary owner said those things, I might have associated you by your endorsement and demonstration of the product. If that is the case, my apologies to you. But end to end I consider that the original text on how the concept was presented, really stinks.
Si NM
Si_NM
Oh, you asked respectfully, and so it deserves an answer, regarding being offended by cornpone miner hick lingo,,

The presentation in the original web ad like the one that was pulled the same day off of the AK gold forums, or the web text referred to here,, A new concept has been scientifically developed,, ok, no prob,, The text author has a fine command of the english language, , words like technology or atomic absorption,, don't pose a problem for him. He has proper punctuation also,, no problem with that either,,

But to have him intersperse stupidity like,,"them fire assay weren't very accurate anyway",, or, " have ya a fire assay performed",, makes me feel like in his estimation, we poor miner types need to identify with substandard language in order to truely communicate. Just my 2 cents.

Si NM
prospecta04342
Hi Si, and thanks for the clairification, I Thought you were talking about that and not about what I had made for remarks. I was just trying to show the results of the test that I made, in an unbiased photo review of what happened. I've never met the author of the other text or ads, so I can't make comments about them. I did the test purely for the comparison and to show anyone else that might be interested. I included the entire post to give a little background on the kit.
I am not trying to make a sale with the post, just trying to keep up with new tools for prospecting.
I will continue to use this particular tool, because, it does save me time and money. As well as not having to carry as many samples all day, to be sent to an assayer later. For me, it's not " instead of",, it's " in addition to".
Thanks for the reply, I can appreciate your feelings about the way the kit is being marketed in reguards to your profession, but, that has nothing to do with my reporting of the results of the test. John
gotgoldfever
I couldnt agree with you more, The text in the web site ad is demeaning . I used what had already been written, And now I am rewriting it. It was written in a hurry and I should have known better.

But to be honest with you, We did expect some assayers to tell us all about how this kit doesnt work. But the prospectors that are using it tell us it does work.

This test is not meant to replace fire assays at all. What it is meant to do is to give a good indicator of gold present in ore while in the field. The color just gives you an idea about the amount, Of course it wont tell you exactly .

BUT, It does work, and it works well. Please let me know if I can be of any further help.
ART <> ARK
People misunderstand the purpose of the Chemical gold test kit.
It is not supposed to tell you the oz per ton but just indicate the prsents of Gold in ore, water or soil. I use one of these kits and it is like turning on a light in a dark room

A fire assay will not give you a correct reading on the amount per ton on Micron Gold. Without a million invested in equipment there is only one possible to get a correct reading on Micron Gold per ton. That is to process a known amount of ore or water and then weigh the gold you recover from itSome of these gold test kits are worthless and some are good. The one I use is one of the better ones.

Art
ART <> ARK
SI,

I don't know waht test kit this fellow is promoting but here is a link to the one that I use if you would like to look at it. The only difference in the way this kit is advertised and the way I use it is I let the sampe sit in the Leach a lot lobger than the 30 min it states. It will dissolve the Micron Gold in 30 min but if you should have some larger fine gold in the sample it takes longer to dissolve it.

Art
ART <> ARK
Sorry bout that I forgot to type the link.

www.thegoldhunter.net

Art
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.