Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metalsmithing
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Prospector's Crafts & Creations
James and Cyndi
Well, Ive been trying for some time now to get some pics uploded of the gifts I made Cyndi for V Day.
bash.gif
Dont know if its just me?
ouch.gif
Sorry, but yall will have to wait to see my awesome work I guess.
atomic.gif
Crusty
Odd... Works for me. Looking forward to seeing what you made!
James and Cyndi
Click to view attachment
James and Cyndi
Click to view attachment
Denise
I would also love to see some of your work James! It might be that your trying to put too many pics into one post, causing the upload size to be too big? confused0082[1].gif Max single upload size is 20MB. Try to just post one pic at a time and see if that helps.

We will be patiently waiting to see your awesome work. eating-popcorn-03.gif
EMac
Very cool! I'd love to learn this metal work, smelting, yada yada.

How'd you learn?
Denise
Well that was a short wait! laugh.gif You were posting them when I was posting my reply.
Very nice work James, I bet she loves it!!

smiley-clapping.gif
James and Cyndi
not done with pics. cant load the finished pic at all. pc wont load anypics tried different browser. multiple attempts on phone worked one at a time periodically.
James and Cyndi
Click to view attachment
swizz
WOW, that is nice! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif What is the cab made of?
James and Cyndi
ok lighting was not so good for the finished pic, but anywhoo. the stone is Azurite in Granite from the Karakorum Range. I just finished a Metalsmithing I class at Denver School of Metal Arts. Not cheap but was worth it. have a pic of some earings coming soon......i hope.
James and Cyndi
Click to view attachment
swizz
again.... WOW! You are very talented. worthy.gif worthy.gif
James and Cyndi
wow i feel like i just ran a marathon. dont know why im having such a problem. its happened since the beginning of the month ive have been quite frustrated. switching back and forth between my pc and phone. cant post text on phone or pics on pc?
swizz
I upload my pics from the phone (and pc) to Flickr, an image hosting site. Once the pics are stored there... Flickr has editing software that rivals about anything. The site provides a BB link for each of your images that you can simply copy... and paste into your threads here.
I admit I never got the hang of uploading and posting images here using the CP site host feature. blush.gif
Flickr is pretty easy and painless, free. Tons of storage.
MikeS
Beautiful work James! I hope you get the technical difficulties ironed out. Not sure why it would be doing that.
James and Cyndi
Thanks everyone.

I kept getting an Authorization Mismatch error even if the pics actually uploaded? Along with some other difficulties just uploading, would say failure to upload file too big one time then work fine the next but not post? Im at a loss of words really. Like I said never had an issue until start of Feb. Been trying to post these pics since Sunday.
Rockytop
Those are really nice looking pieces, congrats. My nephew works for NASA and took up metalsmithing/jewelry making as a hobby. Keep up the good work and keep posting your pics.
EMac
Those are definitely cool. You got me looking at metalsmithing now; looks like a few options around here for that.

I'd really like to learn smelting/refining, but can't find much by way of instruction. I'm reading through CM Hoke's book from 1940 now, but there's a big difference between reading how to do something and actually doing it.
CP
Very cool James, nice work. Look forward to seeing your future work in metals too, lots of talent and technique to complete projects like that. Sweet! happy088.gif

Dang frustrating on the upload issues though, darn it! The server did have some problems for a couple days at the first of the month, and we thought it's been working fine since on our end here.
But now I've just tried to upload a larger pic myself and had an issue with size/space error pcwhack.gif ......I'll go poke around in the forum settings some more and or go into tech support and see if they can help, that's always so fun....... bash.gif tongue.gif We'll get it figured out though, sorry for the difficulties.
James and Cyndi
Here are my latest works
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
James and Cyndi
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
swizz
Beautiful works James!! worthy.gif
I recognize the ring as Malachite, excellent cab and setting. Not sure of the other two minerals but they are also stunning choices. happy088.gif
James and Cyndi
Thanks swizz. Meant to get to that just got side tracked for a bit. I didn't make the cabs if you were wondering.
The ring is Malachite, pendent is a Sucker Creek Jasper and the braclet is Rhodocrosite.
Denise
Fantastic work James! Those turned out great!! smiley-clapping.gif
James and Cyndi
Finally got my studio semi up and going. I think I have decided on a makers mark. And, was able to get a couple projects done before my trip to Tahoe.
Back of braclet
Click to view attachment
Utah lace opal braclet
Click to view attachment
Utah lace opal pendent
Click to view attachment
Tahitian pearl earings
Click to view attachment
swizz
Amazing works my friend. worthy.gif worthy.gif
James and Cyndi
Did my 1st wire wrap pendent projects yesterday.
Colorado Amozonite and Biggs Jasper. Turned out pretty well for no practice. Went straight for sterling.Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
EMac
These are awesome man! Well done.
Crusty
Thanks for bringing the bracelet to show this weekend; amazing piece!!
James and Cyndi
QUOTE (Crusty @ Jul 5 2016, 04:04 PM) *
Thanks for bringing the bracelet to show this weekend; amazing piece!!

Thanks. I didn't know she even brought it. It is better looking in person.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.