Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weather
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
Silky
Do you expect a late (or seasonal) snow for May-June? Or has it been warm so far this year? I am coming in from Houston (82 degrees) May 15 and staying for a month and I hope I am picking the right month. I'm anxious but I don't want any of the passes to block my hike or 4-wheel ride.
MikeS
QUOTE (Silky @ Feb 14 2016, 05:15 PM) *
Do you expect a late (or seasonal) snow for May-June? Or has it been warm so far this year? I am coming in from Houston (82 degrees) May 15 and staying for a month and I hope I am picking the right month. I'm anxious but I don't want any of the passes to block my hike or 4-wheel ride.

Last year it looked like an early spring(Denver) then a late snow dumped down and lots of rain followed making early prospecting difficult. Some of the bugs are out early. They seem to think it will be an early spring.

If you are looking to go on the high altitude peaks (12,000+) then May could be too early. Summertime is best for the high altitudes. Late June to early September would be a more ideal time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.