Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Digging this Sunday?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
jhidek
Anyone up for a trip this Sunday (31st) to do a little digging near high drive or gold camp?
Crusty
We tried yesterday; lots of snow. High of 37 and more snow Sunday.

Good luck if you go!
jhidek
Thanks! Any good intel on any spots you've found that are better producing than others? So far the only spots I've had luck in even remotely close is on my claim
Crusty
QUOTE (jhidek @ Jan 28 2016, 07:43 AM) *
Thanks! Any good intel on any spots you've found that are better producing than others? So far the only spots I've had luck in even remotely close is on my claim

All my spots are on the shady side and still under snow :(
jhidek
I'll post pics if we end up going and have any luck
johnnybravo300
Any luck up there? Where did you go in that area?
I've hiked the section 16 trails many times and ridden dirt bikes between there and cripple Creek on old stage rd and everywhere in between. Awesome country up there. I've never prospected any of that area.
Silky
QUOTE (jhidek @ Jan 27 2016, 07:47 PM) *
Anyone up for a trip this Sunday (31st) to do a little digging near high drive or gold camp?

Do people actually dig in the winter? Is it a year-round thing if the weather is nice? I would guess the answer to that. I guess what I'm asking is, "Do people live up there year round to dig?
swizz
Yes, yes, and..... some folks do. biggrin.gif
We all itch to dig in the winter and get out when the weather allows. It's pretty limited, but hey... it's one way to cure the cabin fever. Winter's just too long to wait! emoticon-object-024.gif
In my case, I have to drive about an hour down the mtn to find enough open water to prospect for Gold.
jhidek
I'm headed up today for a bit, but its mostly to re-monument. 3 clas in my area got vandalized and moments torn down, mine was one of them :(
Crusty
QUOTE (jhidek @ Feb 12 2016, 07:00 AM) *
I'm headed up today for a bit, but its mostly to re-monument. 3 clas in my area got vandalized and moments torn down, mine was one of them :(

That sucks. Hope you got to do some digging to make it better
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.