Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Purple stone
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
nate
Crusty and i did some exploring up above helen hunt falls yesterday and in a tunnel up there, i found 2 milky/ opaque purple pieces. Any ideas? Will post picture ASAP.

It may just be paint, but i couldnt find any other purple paint markings in the tunnel. Just a thin layer of this purple .
nate
Click to view attachment

Probably spray paint, but figured what the heck. I found this piece along with 2 others. Crusty and I thought it might be worth posting a picture because after that, I pulled out a couple of small low quality quartz pieces with a little purple hue. If the consensus is paint, please just delete this thread. :-)

Cool pictures will be found in my Gold camp road thread of things we all know what they are ;-) thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
MikeS
QUOTE (nate @ Nov 25 2015, 03:10 PM) *
Probably spray paint, but figured what the heck. I found this piece along with 2 others. Crusty and I thought it might be worth posting a picture because after that, I pulled out a couple of small low quality quartz pieces with a little purple hue. If the consensus is paint, please just delete this thread. :-)

Cool pictures will be found in my Gold camp road thread of things we all know what they are ;-) thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My opinion is it's a mineral not spray paint. Not sure what it is but several purple minerals are present in those areas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.