Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mind Boggler ('15)
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
NewRockHounder
After spending a solid day emoticon-misc-004.gif mining at Endless (Friday with my gal Glenda, and CrustmasterMike....., Crusty, (tho he started and/er finished in Mind Boggler) Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

and.. er... not finding a damn thing in Endless itself, (moved some over burden... by some, I mean... well... lets just say... "some," is the understatement of the century.) Never found a thing, other than more good signs of things to come. (fingers crossed for Spring)

Saturday's group, which consisted of myself, Nate, and Glenda... We started off in Endless... little to say, moved the 'earth' (as stated before), but didn't find a whole lot. Nate (his first time rock hounding) found a really nice iron coated, feldspar piece. ((While they mine Endless, the Colin... NRH.. (did mine Endless with them, half the day..) will play.. in Mind Boggler, giggle.gif )) After spending one n a half ought hours by meself in Mind Boggler, (found a couple pieces...) I invited the rest down to join me. Not little, there after... Glenda, working Mike's hole... (Crusty's) found some nice pieces. (perhaps one termination, sorry Mike.... music037.gif ) Not long... there after that, I found a nice termination in the area I was working... and not even two minutes after I found mine.. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Nate found his first crystal... smileywaving.gif and what a crystal it is.. (nice termination! extra_happy.gif ) Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

We had a fire to warm the toes.. as we did at Endless on Friday.. Decent amount of snow up there, thank you jeebas, I got the roof on Endless in time, thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Click to view attachment Mind Boggler Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

That's all fer now... I'll be posting the rest of what I found at Mind Boggler here, in due time. Yes.. it's close to Endless, but considering the hole itself, has a different name... misewell make a new post reguarding such.

Colin happy112.gif
NewRockHounder
"The Claw," is home to the Mind Boggler, not Endless. (so are his friends) ((some pictures may not be the greatest quality, still messing around with my new light system)) Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment thumbsupsmileyanim.gif happy112.gif
Auger
Wow, nice! you're out there right now? Or just got back?
NewRockHounder
Just got back, went fer Thurs night - today (Sat) er um (11/12/15-11/14/15) Hell of a trip... hopefully ain't the last fer the season happy112.gif happy088.gif

Colin

S to a P.. all depends on, (and hopefully, lack there of) char060.gif
Crusty
Thanks for the invite! Had a great time with y'all! Definitely some great signs of goodness in the mindboggler, just never hit a pocket. Would be cool to camp out there with y'all and spend some more time in your awesome spot!
MikeS
Mind Boggler eh? I like it. Have you hit pockets there yet or is it still float? Some nice quartz coming outta there. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
NewRockHounder
As I tell everyone/anyone I bring to Mind Boggler - "Take everything you know about prospecting for crystals, and throw it out the window, cause it makes no sense here." No pockets... persay.. some small ones, on top of... yep, you read that correctly, on top of, pegmatite. Even that 35 termination plate was found on top of peg. Seems the further down you go, the less signs you see. Which.. would suggest the pocket is further up the hill... but mind boggled again, as the signs stop where my 3rd hole is (there's a series of holes/levels, 1, 2 or 3.. now tech 4 with Crusty's.. tho it's on level 2.. lol)

Since I found Mind Boggler, with my neighbor... (Aug) it STILL boggles the sh!t outta my mind! wacko.gif blink.gif

Colin
nate
Thanks again for the invite and letting me dig with you all day long. Im hoping to see some pictures of big things from your next trip. That fluorite was a fun first find! I think my wife is claiming it........so probably not mine for long. Hopefully i can get it made into a necklace. Once i clean it up, there is another kind of cool piece i found. The piece i found right after the fluorite that had a small terminated crystal ended up having another after breaking off some of the peg. Nothing fancy, but i think its a cool looking piece. Neither of the crystals are longer than 3/4" and about that wide. ill try to get a picture up this week.

In regards to endless....a lot of digging for not much on saturday. Had some help and pointers from the other 2 on removing what looked like a terminated smoky sticking out from the pegmatite, but ended up being a big hunk of feldspar. Im hoping to clean up what i took home and post some pics. Nothing great other than the crystal from mind boggler, but want to soak the pieces of smokies and feldspar.
NewRockHounder
Your crystal is just quartz, not fluorite, sorry. happy088.gif

Colin
NewRockHounder
emoticon-object-024.gif char060.gif Welp.... I do believe, Crusty and Nate lucked out BIG TIME for their trip to Endless. Call it a hunch.. but I think Rampart/Devil's Head will be closing the gates after this storm.

One hell of a season and/er last trip to Endless/Mind Boggler.

Colin cheers.gif
swizz
Mindbogglingly cool lil spot there Colin! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Glenda
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Nov 17 2015, 11:34 AM) *
emoticon-object-024.gif char060.gif Welp.... I do believe, Crusty and Nate lucked out BIG TIME for their trip to Endless. Call it a hunch.. but I think Rampart/Devil's Head will be closing the gates after this storm.

One hell of a season and/er last trip to Endless/Mind Boggler.

Colin cheers.gif

It was a hell of a season for me as well thumbsupsmileyanim.gif ! Winter be damned emoticon-object-024.gif char060.gif !
NewRockHounder
Here's some of those pic's I promised in another post... All crystals and crystal pieces were found on different trips, all from Mind Boggler, that were later put back together extra_happy.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Still a lot more crystals (terminations, extra_happy.gif ) to photo dancing_smiley.gif

Colin
Glenda
Beautiful as always smiley-clapping.gif wub.gif
CP_Member.gif Glenda
NewRockHounder
Heading up Sunday (11/22/15) With Glenda, anyone is welcome to join us (might be a bit of emoticon-object-024.gif up there.. smiley-laughing021.gif... especially on Rampart road)

Checked on Thursday (11/19/15) the gate is still open sweet.gif

Supposedly, going to be nice weather. spock.gif

Colin
Crusty
Behind on my pic posting. Here's the few I took. Thanks again for the invite!! Look forward to having my mind boggled again in 2016!
Crusty
Colin and Glenda say hi! Went to visit them at their mountain hidaway today. Cool place!
Denise
We finally got to meet Colin and Glenda also. They stopped by our humble abode for a visit. Great folks!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
He also gave us this amazing specimen he found at his Mind Boggler pocket. It's amazing and thanks again, we will treasure it forever.
smiley-clapping.gif cheers.gif wub.gif Terra is also looking forward to the next time you both stop by. laugh.gif

Glenda also gave me two of her sweet little specials (crystals) that are beautiful. I love them, thank you!!
You both rock!!

Click to view attachment

NewRockHounder
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Thank you both for yer hospitality.

It was really great to meet you both.

Look forward to seeing ya's again in the near future. smiley-cool14.gif

Glenda 'n' Colin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.