Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: As it is
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
NewRockHounder
I was thinking the other day, ... 'how do I put this..' This prospecting season, my second mind you.. Compared to last year.. my first time being dedicated to it....finding the forums, meeting Mike S and Dave S.., working on their claim with knowledge in hand and on hand, to find my first pocket, and my first combo and/or double termination smokeys. Anywho, then becoming a member, after ranting and raving for a few months about not being one... lordy the amount of posts.. anyone.gif Anywho, again.. compared to this year... Oh how times have changed. Yes, I've posted some pics of my finds. But overall, ..I'd like to think.. my time has been spent mining. biggrin.gif emoticon-misc-004.gif Granted, last year, I went out every chance I got. excited.gif Same with this season (still am, bop.gif ) but unlike last season, which was more or less always at Endless.. this year I've been to a few new places, learned a few new things, and met quite a few other club members. Meeting other members.. well, those of us that have met, know that it's a great group of people. I had my doubts, honestly, about joining.. mostly because I was.. inexperienced.. blink.gif and a few other reasons.. lack of cash... was a big one.. anywho, I'm grateful that I did. Those of you that read this and may have the same thoughts, feel free to PM me. Anywho, I've ranted enough, just thought it's amazing how all of that, in 2 years or less happend and is still happening. happy088.gif

Colin
nate
I think i am right where you were when you started, checking things out and trying to learn.
NewRockHounder
Well then sir... Hopefully we'll met up, sooner rather than later (season is coming to a close, - me.. "NO! ITS NOT!, EFF YOU WEATHER!" )

I don't, by any means, mean to boast about joining the club. Not my style. But, with that, comes this; It's a great club to be a part of, being a 'novice' prospector. Spectacular group of peeps, to say the least.. and the information... sh!t.. I'm prime example... I barely knew anything last year... this year... I know my minerals (least what's around me.. for the most part) enough that I can tell someone otherwise, seeing Epidote as Amazonite. And then some. My amount of posts this year to last... er lack there of... shows a thing er two bout me.. Mostly that I'm in the field.. smiley-laughing021.gif but two, that I know what I'm doing. (I'm the kind of person that learns best, hands on... and with some club members help, and/or being part of the club, I doubt that I could've reached this point on my own) CP_Member.gif

Colin
Crusty
Well said Colin! Joining this club has been such a rewarding experience, in finds, knowledge, and most importantly, in friendships!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.