Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NO WINTER! NOT YET!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
NewRockHounder
As epic as my prospecting/mining season has been, I'm not ready for winter activities. Not yet!!

C'mon ol'man winter, give me a couple more weeks of nice weather. biggrin.gif
Auger
Still plenty of stuff to do in the winter! Trees die off and you can find old mine camps and stuff better. You can walk creeks and rivers to find surface floaters. I go to the Arkansas River right under the highway and pick up all kinds of petrified wood and smoky quartz for example.

Sure, its not as cool as digging in or tinking, I know. Although there's got a Topaz mine I have access to that goes about 40 yards into the mountain that cold weather shouldn't be a bother in... It would be my first time going into a mineshaft in winter so im completely talking out the side of my head, speculating.

Just trying to be positive! happy112.gif
Rapty
i feel your pain! i don't want to stop digging holes yet mad.gif but on the other hand i am ready to start drilling holes in the ice and have some tight lines fishing.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.