Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just wanted to share
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
BigBarraza
Hello everyone,

I've done a lot of reading on this site, so I figured id join up and share some of my cool Colorado finds with everyone. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

First up is some UV reactive calcite on dragonstone (I think) from Colorado found septarian nodules!
BigBarraza
I used my phone to take pics sry they aren't better quality....
BigBarraza
I have a few more up here and even a rare wooden pineapple. chin.gif I've mounted a couple of my own finds, not many but I think I was bored that day and got carried away practicing on these. I was unable to find cheap enough acrylic so I just went with some cheap tile.
NewRockHounder
I love those first pics, very nice finds. Welcome to the forums. smileywaving.gif

Colin
BigBarraza
Thanks Colin
NewRockHounder
15 seconds of fame I guess... smiley-laughing021.gif

(I'm one to talk.....) music037.gif

You found all of those in Colorado? Displayed them as such... in um, oh.. yeah.. Colorado? I may... just may, need your services if you answer YES to both of these questions. worthy.gif

Colin
BigBarraza
Colorado, east of the front range, not up in the mtns. The pics above are mostly all from the same septarian nodule. I also find amazonite, few types of Petrified wood, Nice clear and smoky quartz, "agates", fossils, concretions/septarians and other fun stuff in el paso county. cool.gif

To mount pieces like that I just used a high temp hot glue gun with a hard glue. Its suppose to be removable, I may have even gotten the idea from this site? Most people use acrylic squares but it was a little pricy for me so I got some tile from the homedepot/lowes and made my own.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.