Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello! Newbie here.
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
Irishdiddy
In every sense of the word! To the board and the world of rocks and minerals.

I board my horse at a ranch down in Larkspur, and used to work and live on site for many years. Interestingly enough, only a few months ago did I really look down.

I found a cool rock. And then I found another. Thought I'd make one craft project with a few cool rocks or something. HA! HOOKED! What great fun to find something neat looking, take it home, clean it up, read up on it.

Hope to get a tumbler soon for the smaller materials. The bigger stuff is going to have to wait or go to someone who will do it justice.

I've had to slow down my picking, because husband thinks I'm NUTS, and he might be right since the garage now has about three laundry baskets full of stuff. But out at the barn it's everywhere! In the arenas, pastures, trails. And it's all so pretty! How can a girl resist?

Anyway, I've had a great time reading this forum and look forward to learning so much more from you all.

I don't have a great camera and don't have great pics, but here are some pieces with a bit of personality. Thought you all might like to see what I'm finding down in that area.

Best,
Jill

swizz
Welcome Jill! sign0016.gif Please make yourself at home here, and I must say.... you are definitely finding some beautiful stuff! greensmilies-012.gif
Denise
smileywaving.gif Hi Jill and welcome to the CP forums! I can definitely understand your love for rocks........They rock! happy088.gif giggle.gif
Looks like you are finding some really pretty Jasper where you are. Great ones for collecting and filling the empty spaces at your place.
signs021.gif
fenixsmom
Welcome to the forum Jill! Gorgeous samples!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.