Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Moon Eclipse 9/27-28
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Space and Astronomy
CP
Hey sky watchers,

We have a full moon this weekend and it's the biggest moon of the year so it's being tagged as the "super moon eclipse" and will be the last total lunar eclipse until 2018 here in the US.

Check out the article on spaceweather to see times for when to watch, should be another great one to view if there aren't too many clouds.
Crusty
You'll get a preview of where it'll be Sunday night around 7:30pm Saturday. Hoping it'll be somewhere I can get some cool landscape features in with the eclipse.

Denise
Was an absolutely beautiful moon last night!! smiley-clapping.gif wub.gif We got a little side tracked as the moon went into full eclipse though. Went to go outside and had a huge rattler (highly pissed) in the yard. smiley-shocked003.gif Was very dark making it hard to find where it was, we could just hear it rattling steady. Finally found it coiled up against the house. I guess an eclipse is perfect for snakes to hunt? confused0082[1].gif

Looking forward to your awesome pics Crusty!
eating-popcorn-03.gif
Crusty
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Sep 28 2015, 10:15 AM) *
Was an absolutely beautiful moon last night!! smiley-clapping.gif wub.gif We got a little side tracked as the moon went into full eclipse though. Went to go outside and had a huge rattler (highly pissed) in the yard. smiley-shocked003.gif Was very dark making it hard to find where it was, we could just hear it rattling steady. Finally found it coiled up against the house. I guess an eclipse is perfect for snakes to hunt? confused0082[1].gif Looking forward to your awesome pics Crusty! eating-popcorn-03.gif

Wel that story is certainly more exciting than mine!

Didn't get back to the house until after 10, so I haven't gone through my pics yet.

Skygazer
Ya, it was very cool. I came up and mabey 20 min later ot started. then whent behind a cloud. When it came back out it was half gone. Hehe. very cool.
eating-popcorn-03.gif eating-popcorn-03.gif eating-popcorn-03.gif signs021.gif eating-popcorn-03.gif eating-popcorn-03.gif eating-popcorn-03.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.