Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Massive Quartz Specimans
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
AirBreather
A novice question( I already placed it in the wrong section). When I walk down certain/many forest service roads there are always massive pieces of quartz like material. They're all over the place and, of course, mixed in with other minerals. Is this stuff quartz or other materials ?? I realize that this is kind of a loaded question but I know there are those here that know what I am talking about. Thanks.
johnnybravo300
QUOTE (AirBreather @ Sep 20 2015, 03:35 PM) *
A novice question( I already placed it in the wrong section). When I walk down certain/many forest service roads there are always massive pieces of quartz like material. They're all over the place and, of course, mixed in with other minerals. Is this stuff quartz or other materials ?? I realize that this is kind of a loaded question but I know there are those here that know what I am talking about. Thanks.

Quartz or other materials yes. Loaded question yes.
Know what you're talking about not really.
AirBreather
The pieces I am wondering about are like a milky white quartz like. Just need to be pointed in the right direction to do my own research.
Denise
Sounds like you are describing quartz. It is "the second most abundant mineral in the Earth's continental crust, after feldspar." happy112.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.