Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Labor Day CP Outing PICS
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
swizz
This thread is for pics from the 2015 CP Labor day Outing held at my claims. I will add my pics within the next day or two.
happy070.gif What a great time we had!! happy070.gif
Let's see what you saw!
swizz
Here's a current pic of the Caveman Hole.
Caveman Hole 2 by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

This is a closer look, it's approx 10ft deep. On top you can see that we removed overburden (black soil) to expand the cut north. The angled timber in the hole is for animal escape as suggested by William. It'll save the mice from drowning in the future... hole fills with water.
Caveman Hole by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

Here's Hambone taking a break on the new cut.
Hambone on new cut by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

James tending the bilge hose.
James Tending Bilge Hose by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

Dam undergoing repair with much thanks to William.
Dam Repair by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

Some Unakite, Epidote, and Quartz from our tailings
Unakite and Quartz Tailings by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

Miner Ladies by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 9 2015, 08:25 PM) *
Here's Hambone taking a break on the new cut.
Hambone on new cut by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

George Kastanza's got nothing on me!!
Crusty
what a difference a year makes! Check out the knee deep hole!
swizz
Wow! That is hard to believe. emoticon-misc-004.gif
Denise
Love the pics guys! Looks like the dig is really coming along nicely. Great pic of everyone sitting round taking turns being mauled with love by Timber. giggle.gif
swizz
Here are some pics of us shooting Crusty's gnarly toy at night.
2015-09-12_12-49-01 by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

2015-09-12_12-48-32 by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

2015-09-12_12-47-36 by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

2015-09-12_12-47-24 by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

2015-09-12_12-47-10 by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr
swizz
Nobody else took pics? confused0082[1].gif
swizz
Beautiful pics! char098.gif
Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 18 2015, 04:44 PM) *
Nobody else took pics? confused0082[1].gif

I've got a bunch, but came home and rolled straight in to the chaos of my retirement week. Had company all week, so I haven't gotten to my pics or processing my cons. You gone through your yet?
swizz
I've been scrambling a bit since the outing too, crunch time. Haven't had time to process my cons yet either.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Congrats again on the retirement!!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
NewRockHounder
Damn, dam repairs look nice. happy088.gif

Colin

Holy sh!t I forgetted, happy retirement Crustmaster Mike. smiley-clapping.gif
OklaPony
Great pics, makes me super jealous! I didn't get to make it to the high country at all this year, definitely shooting for next year, though!
Rockyrat
At the start of each day the Prospectors would bow their heads in prayer.

Click to view attachment

Their attempts to dig to China are well underway.
Click to view attachment

No work can be performed without the proper supervision (seen seated on the right).
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The Prospectors make quite the effort to increase the humidity in the atmosphere.
Click to view attachment

For reasons unknown some people had to wear disguises.
Click to view attachment

Not everyone was impressed by the operation.
Click to view attachment
CP
Great pics and reports everyone and thanks for posting them up here to share with everyone. I see by the pics and reports it was another totally great outing for those who got to attend.
SWEET!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Crusty
Gotta start with pumping the hole

Casa de Crusty

Double banking!

Chow break

Crusty
Emac and family mining in style! Luckily the road was just graded, so they made it in with no problems.

Swizz handling his hose again

Emac's son Lane was a big help!

Working together with a great group of club members is an added bonus to finding color.

Crusty
James working this Angus mini long tom

Emac in the hole

Timber getting some love

And passing it on (or eating AJ's face lol)

The Caveman Hole has come a long way!

Nothing like a plate of MEAT after a long day's work!

Crusty
Even the pooches are welcome around the fire!

Blackberry Crisp in the Dutch oven

Emac making pancakes for breakfast! No shortage of good chow in our camp!

Crusty
James taking a turn manning the hose

AJ doing work

Swizz shovelin' some nice rusty baby poop out of the bottom of the hole!

Crusty
Swizz had a drawing for a cool bag of minerals/gems. Lane won and they're classifying it to see what kind of cool goodies were in it!

Brats smothered in pulled pork!

Monday morning brought rain :(

Crusty
Swizz in the hole for the last time of the weekend. Sure is impressive to see how much material we moved!

2015 season in the bag...

Bye Timber!

Thanks for the invite Swizz! Always great to share a weekend with you at your little piece of heaven!

swizz
Always my pleasure to have CP Members up there, you are all amazing! CP_Member.gif
Thanks for the excellent pics you guys!! I like the ones of AJ with the big ol wrench, classic. char098.gif
I think I'll be up there again soon to try and expand that cut some more before winter, just gonna scale back some more overburden.... feeling ambitious. emoticon-misc-004.gif
EMac... did you and Lane have a chance to ID the crystals and gemstones from that paydirt yet? Really curious to see how many were in that one, it was looking good!
James and Cyndi
Good to see some more awesome pics from everyone! I wish we could have taken more before the battery died. I think Cyndi may have a couple on her phone that we will have to get on here too. Swizz, let me know when your planning on going, would love to maybe come give a hand.
Crusty
Depending on when you go I may buzz up there on the motorcycle and help out too.
swizz
Cool! I'll let you guys know when can get up there.
swizz
QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 24 2015, 12:29 PM) *
EMac... did you and Lane have a chance to ID the crystals and gemstones from that paydirt yet? Really curious to see how many were in that one, it was looking good!

Nevermind.... Dan reminded me that you guys are in Jamaica! Hope you are having the time of your life!!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Crusty
Finally finished processing my cons from this weekend.
EMac
Great pics everyone, thank you!! I hope we're able to get together like that again next year.

QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 24 2015, 01:29 PM) *
I've been a slacker; we have not done any mineral ID, but I definitely need to! I also need to get the pics from cameras and post those up too! Jamaica was phenomenal, and we're already planning on going back!

I sent this to Chris previously, but figure I should post what we found there as well. Not enough to quit my job, but I'd do the whole trip over again in a heartbeat:
Click to view attachment
Crusty
Glad y'all had a great trip... well 2 great trips I guess lol

look forward to doing it again!!
swizz
My results from C Hole on Labor Day weekend are similar to Crusty's. Very happy with the chunky lil picker from the upper layers.
Labor Day CP Outing by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr
Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Oct 28 2015, 11:42 AM) *
My results from C Hole on Labor Day weekend are similar to Crusty's. Very happy with the chunky lil picker from the upper layers.

Is it spring yet? music037.gif
swizz
QUOTE (Crusty @ Oct 29 2015, 06:18 AM) *
Is it spring yet? music037.gif

YES IT IS!!! (in Australia) kick_can.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.