Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Perseid Meteor Shower 2015
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Space and Astronomy
Rockyrat
It's supposed to peak between 8/9 - 8/13. A new moon will also take place on 8/14 so it should be a better show than most years.

The link I pasted below defaulted to Colorado Springs when I opened it. I'm not sure if it will change depending on where you are.

http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/meteo...er/perseid.html
MikeS
Very cool. I will have to make sure to get a camp spot with an open view of the sky this weekend.

The link gave me times for Denver starting tonight.

Thanks Rockyrat!
Denise
I saw a few really bright long ones last night between the clouds at 3:30.
Crusty
Got up at 0230 and drove out in the country a ways... got a few not so exciting shots. Did see an AMAZING blue fireball with long trail go all the way across the northern sky... must have went on for 10 seconds. Of course my camera was pointed east lol

Bottom 2 lines are aircraft; but there is a small streak just right of center, 3/4 of the way up.

Click to view attachment

Very small streak center right
Click to view attachment

Got one at dawn, just after the sliver of a moon (washed out in the long exposure), just to the right of the telephone pole
Click to view attachment

Just above the move above the cloud
Click to view attachment

Denise
Great pictures Crusty! I saw several last night around 2:30 starring up at the night sky. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Crusty
Thanks!

Glad I went yesterday morning instead of today! Stormed until after midnight and was still cloudy this morning when I got up at 0430!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.