Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mike's prospecting and mining videos
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
MikeS
I decided to make this topic to help keep my videos from the field in one place.
This video is a mix of prospecting over the last few months. It starts with Dave and I looking for gold in central CO. Then Jason, Ian and I look for gold in northern CO. Then it's back to the crystals in central Colorado. Enjoy! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Prospecting 2015
Denise
Excellent video Mike, scenery is breathtaking! You guys are finding some great stuff at your crystal location! smiley-clapping.gif Thanks for sharing the video with us. happy088.gif
Yoda
Love it Mike. Great video, thank you for sharing it!
Chachi
Nice. big amazonite.
johnnybravo300
That looks like the hayman burn area off of cedar mtn road. Great area to dig. Endless prospects.
Rob Wilkerson
QUOTE (MikeS @ Aug 5 2015, 08:15 AM) *
I decided to make this topic to help keep my videos from the field in one place.
This video is a mix of prospecting over the last few months. It starts with Dave and I looking for gold in central CO. Then Jason, Ian and I look for gold in northern CO. Then it's back to the crystals in central Colorado. Enjoy! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Prospecting 2015

Rob Wilkerson
QUOTE (MikeS @ Aug 5 2015, 08:15 AM) *

Prospecting 2015

Good video . I just joined the club last week . The first 2 segments , are you prospecting some of the open ground for possible claim ? The crystal dig was great , is this the claim you staked last year. We went up to Spruce Grove just to look around yesterday and I would like to check out Rampart Range rd. I have a couple of gold claims but am now on the crystal hunt, thanks for posting ,
MikeS
QUOTE (Rob Wilkerson @ Apr 10 2016, 11:19 AM) *
Good video . I just joined the club last week . The first 2 segments , are you prospecting some of the open ground for possible claim ? The crystal dig was great , is this the claim you staked last year. We went up to Spruce Grove just to look around yesterday and I would like to check out Rampart Range rd. I have a couple of gold claims but am now on the crystal hunt, thanks for posting ,

Welcome aboard Rob! sign0016.gif

I staked my claim in June 2014. I only went to the claim a few times in 2015. The only part of the video that is from my claim is from the large pitted smokey to the small Goethite and Fluorite pieces(5:49 to 7:13) The rest of the locations are open for prospecting and they are all likely to be claims by either my brother, friends or I. One of the areas you mentioned is in that video. happy112.gif
Silky
Wow, the vid started out kinda slow but I was patient and watched til the end and so glad I did! What a finale! Ended with my second favorite gem - an amazonite! And a nice size one too! Were you expecting to find one amongst all those smokies? Like were you near Lake George?

Excellent vid and another one that gets my blood boiling and raring to go!

Silk
MikeS
QUOTE (Silky @ Apr 11 2016, 06:40 PM) *
Were you expecting to find one amongst all those smokies? Like were you near Lake George?

Excellent vid and another one that gets my blood boiling and raring to go!

Silk

I have not prospected the Lake George area yet. I try not to expect anything when digging cause most the time I don't find anything significant when digging in a new spot.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.