Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Specimens of Creede past
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
llamabox
We moved to Colorado 3 summers ago. The whole time we have been renting a place on a large trout farm. Over the years the family has become close with the owner Jerry. Jerry, who is in his early 80's, worked as a miner in Creede from the time he was 18 till the mines closed in the mid 80's. He worked the Amethyst vein in both the Bulldog and Commodore mines. Well this summer Jerry decided to sell the trout farm and move away. But before leaving he was kind enough to leave me with a few hundred pounds of mineral specimens, lapidary rough and a few odd antiques.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
swizz
Those specimens are jaw dropping!!! jawdrop.gif
I would have to say that is incredibly kind of Jerry and I believe they are going to a good person. happy088.gif
Thank you for sharing the story and pics!
Crusty
Wow, that's some amazing stuff!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
MikeS
Wow llama! Those are some amazing specimens! What a gift! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
CP
Very nice pieces Jerry gave you llamabox! smiley-shocked003.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Thanks for sharing the pics. I really like the sow belly vein with the vug in it. Really cool having pieces straight out of the mine from a miner that worked it. happy088.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.