Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Won't You Be My Neighbor?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
NewRockHounder
Where to dig? (at Endless) Click to view attachment

20ft from Endless... We find these... neighbors first, then mine. (bare with me, it's a lot... thumbsupsmileyanim.gif ) ((some are doubled, show perspective)

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Now Me...

Click to view attachment (Feldspar with a bonus) Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

And, least but by far, the effin best! (Best so far in my life....)

Click to view attachment 10 terminations 'n' 1 piece, thumbsupsmileyanim.gif smiley-clapping.gif dancing_smiley.gif smiley-cool14.gif extra_happy.gif happy112.gif biggrin.gif excited.gif happy088.gif jawdrop.gif tongue.gif worthy.gif sweet.gif
Crusty
Damn Colin... those are some nice pieces!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Yoda
Too bad it doesn't have extra terminations somewhere ... somebody clearly was misleading me... laught16.gif

Truth though... that is one helluva find Colin. I can see why you are halfway to the moon.

Next pic, drop a quarter next to it so we can get perspective on size?
swizz
Great looking stuff Colin! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
NewRockHounder
Click to view attachment
Caveman
Very, very cool!
Rockytop
Some very nice finds! Congrats!
fenixsmom
I'm proud of ya kid!
Denise
Fantastic finds guys! smiley-clapping.gif Your last find is pretty spectacular Colin, congratulations! You are doing so good with research and digging techniques that we may just have to remove the "New" part from your username. happy112.gif
Caveman
You got that right!
NewRockHounder
sweet.gif Tuesday's Finds: (same hole) Some of the crystals don't photo very well, they're very clear. Click to view attachment (tried to get a good pic..) Click to view attachment it looks like its busted, but actually has 2 terminations on scepter Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Next one is different than last Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment strange blades Click to view attachment this blade is terminated with a few points Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment this last one doesnt photo well, it's odd shaped and clear (obviously fractured to all hell as well, but still one piece) Click to view attachment Click to view attachment thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Dave S.
Very nice! I like the scepter crystals. Just so ya know the last two pics are of a Fluorite! In case you mistakenly thought it was quartz. (I have many times)
Crusty
That's quite a haul!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Yoda
You are in hog heaven buddy. So glad this hole is yielding such great finds for you!
swizz
Excellent finds and pics Colin!
You might wanna start thinkin about staking a claim. happy112.gif
NewRockHounder
Been thinking bout it Swizz happy112.gif Just gotta wait for a paycheck. And Mike S.'s help (He said he would)

Day 3 yielded some interesting finds... alas no scepters but good over all. Pics later (just got home, time to eat) - - 12 hours of prospecting... extra_happy.gif woohoo emoticon-misc-004.gif

Gave out one more card today as well (stopped to help a guy that needed a jump... ended up having to wait for his battery to charge a lil, so showed him my finds... got to talking... one thing led to another) CP_Member.gif

Colin

PS... Thank you Dave! I had no idea... sweet! extra_happy.gif
MikeS
Nice finds Colin! I like the scepter on top of the feldspar and that set of smokies is very cool. Score! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
NewRockHounder
If that lil thing is Fluorite... then what is this...

Oh, right, still cleaning it and need to take a photo... Fooled you! smiley-laughing021.gif

I'll have pics later tonight fosho.

Teaser, it's massive... happy112.gif

Colin
NewRockHounder
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
NewRockHounder
And... yer all gunna hafta wait till tomorrie... Didn't realize it was so many... 37 pics...(3 however, are some wild turkeys I saw the s'morning) thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Got a scepter after all, smiley-clapping.gif 4 terminations on it.. dancing_smiley.gif

I will however, post the massive... Only because I want to know sooner rather than later, what the heck it is... c'mon fluorite! (hard to capture, clear like the last one)

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment atomic.gif (Just quartz, huh?)
CP
Some very nice finds you're onto lately Colin, sweet!! dancing_smiley.gif Really like the twin scepter that looks cool and yep that big hunk you asked about being Fluorite in your previous post looks like it is another dandy Fluorite chunk. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Congrats on your finds and thanks for sharing the pics with us all.
MikeS
You may be on to something rare with those scepter crystals. The Fluorite is etched and cracked but you may be onto something good there too. A little color or crystal form could make those very desirable stuff. It pays to explore around even if its 30 ft from yer last dig. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
NewRockHounder
Welp, sold the lil fluorite to my neighbor smiley-clapping.gif Didn't know how much to charge, prob shoulda said more, but 20.00 towards a debt (he bought me more than enough gas and a pack of cigs) -- thankfully however, the remainder of the gas got me back up for a few days thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Colin
NewRockHounder
Camped fer one night, worked all day/night and some today (Saturday). However, found this nice 35 termination in 1 (plate, my first) on Friday. I also found 5-7 small combos, feldspar/smokey each has between 1-3 terminations on them. And a lot LOT of small single crystals that all have one termination on each, they're all fully formed crystals not just frags. And some really nice pieces of feldspar. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Only got pics currently of the 35 pointer. Enjoy. greensmilies-012.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Sorry for the quality of the pics, hard to capture all points when it's on 3 sides of the plate itself. (Also there's a bit of peg/dirt still on it, being very careful cleaning it.. wanted to show ya's)
Yoda
I think ya named Endless very well. smiley-shocked003.gif
Denise
smiley-clapping.gif That's a great specimen Colin and it will clean up nicely! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Crusty
That's quite the honey hole you've found!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
NewRockHounder
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment These plus a lot of small terminations, would take waaay to long to photo everything.
joshualoun
awesome colin
joshualoun
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Aug 1 2015, 09:42 PM) *
Camped fer one night, worked all day/night and some today (Saturday). However, found this nice 35 termination in 1 (plate, my first) on Friday. I also found 5-7 small combos, feldspar/smokey each has between 1-3 terminations on them. And a lot LOT of small single crystals that all have one termination on each, they're all fully formed crystals not just frags. And some really nice pieces of feldspar. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Only got pics currently of the 35 pointer. Enjoy. greensmilies-012.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Sorry for the quality of the pics, hard to capture all points when it's on 3 sides of the plate itself. (Also there's a bit of peg/dirt still on it, being very careful cleaning it.. wanted to show ya's)

DUUUUUUUUUDE amazing finds, wow. stooges.gif smiley-music024.gif music017.gif happy070.gif emoticon-misc-004.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
fenixsmom
Just keep on digging, keep on digging, digging, digging, digging, digging!

Name that movie Colin!

NewRockHounder
Nemo obviously. Thanks Jess... now that's stuck in my head. wacko.gif
NewRockHounder
happy112.gif Combined everything I found in the past week.... Pretty damn... well... EPIC! bop.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment jawdrop.gif
Caveman
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Aug 3 2015, 03:13 PM) *
Just keep on digging, keep on digging, digging, digging, digging, digging!

Name that movie Colin!

I ain't Colin, but that is Rawhide! With extreme liberty taken with the lyrics....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.