Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Prospector Photo
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
EarthEx
I've seen a vintage classic photo of an old prospector with his burro taken high up in the Colorado mountains. It also had some writing stating the elevation of ~14,000"+ ft. Does anybody know where I locate this? I've Googled for several hours and can't find it.

Thanks,
EarthEx
swizz
Maybe something on this image search.... I see a few thumbnails that might fit the criteria: Images
EarthEx
QUOTE (swizz @ Jul 23 2015, 04:14 PM) *
Maybe something on this image search.... I see a few thumbnails that might fit the criteria: Images

It's very similar to the first picture in the set, but taken high up and has high peaks in the background.
NewRockHounder
Are you sure it's a photo of a real person/burro? The only thing I've found, (trying to help ya out) is a pic of the Pikes Peak statue, "the prospector," it has text on the side of the statue and/or mts in the background.
Rockyrat
Not quite Colorado, and appears to be a painting but.....

EarthEx
Found it!

Colorado History Exhibit @ DIA

It was in an exhibit at DIA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.