Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floaters not sinkers
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
NewRockHounder
This question is for anyone that can answer; (whoda thunk it)

If you (me) find float, that's terminated, quality sh!t for the quality impaired... how far does float material... er um... float? Granted, what I'm finding is at the BASE of the hill (mt) I know to follow quartz up, till it stops, that's where ya's dig... but all of my test holes were at least three and a half feet down, didn't see any signs. Tried multi test holes, same result... 3ft above where I'm finding float, 5ft, 10ft, 30ft, 100ft.... whole lotta nothing... curious as to what ya's say...

Obviously it depends on the grade of the hill/mt. For where I am, it ain't much. Got me stumped as to where the float is coming from, as there are NO signs on the surface.

Colin
MikeS
It could be just feet away or 1/2 mile. I have several surface finds that the source remains elusive, including that Amethyst I found.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.