Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: South Park Places to Rockhound
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
6deadtrees
Hi there all. I'm brand new to this forum and looking for some guidance. We are heading up to the Jefferson area to camp this week and I'm looking for some places to go rockhounding in that area. 1-2 hour day trips are fine with us, so we are willing to travel a bit. I have the Rockhounding Colorado book by the Kappeles but I find it lacking in a lot of ways. We've used that book to death. So I find myself looking for little known and fun places to search. Anybody know of any great locations?

fenixsmom
You can prospect in any wilderness areas.
Denise
Welcome to the CP forums 6deadtrees! smileywaving.gif The books are great for learning about the geology of the areas but not for places to go prospecting. With any area of interest, one needs to do the proper research to make sure the land is open to prospecting......meaning void of location or patented claims. South Park is a grassland flat in the basin in Park County Jessie. Great possibilities for prospecting many different kinds of goodies. happy112.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.