Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Topic Title that suggests...
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
NewRockHounder
Ok, So I'm not a novice in the world of thunder eggs. Yes... I've never found some for myself but, a new friend gave me a couple that are solid pieces (not cut open) .... I know the best way, is to cut it using lapidary.. would a tile saw work for this? (poor mans version of a lapidary) Should I use a rock hammer/sledge and just wack the hell out of it? Or should I wait till I can find someone that can cut them the PROPER way? I hate, truly, having a mystery on my hands... well, they're kinda big to be on, lets say in. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Still with me? Let's call this new "friend," - Jason (that's his name n all) gave me quite a few samples of this and that, sucks for me that I was drunk and/or... no, let's stick with drunk, can't remember despite the Amethyst. I'll post pics of what he gave me.... and hopefully someone.. that's last name, starts with 'S' will ID happy088.gif or Jason can (again).

Sorry, I got ADD, my mind wanders... answer my question, ignore the rest... well not ignore... but... smiley-laughing021.gif

Colin
fenixsmom
Youll want to cut it properly. A sledge and chisel may not work in your favor.
NewRockHounder
Cha.... I like knowwwww smiley-laughing021.gif

Just hoping for the "poor mans," version of lapidary.

Hope in one hand, ....... the other... see, well...

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Denise
smiley-shocked003.gif Never whack a Thunderegg to see what's inside. sadno.gif One of my favorites!!! You can do a search and there are several threads going about Thundereggs and the proper way to cut them open. LOTS of pictures and great information so check it out.
Denise
I forgot we also have Thunderegg cutting videos in the Thunderegg thread. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
llamabox
The thundereggs are from Houselog Creek area. Much of the other stuff is from Creede. Amethyst, Spheralite, Galena and pyrite.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.