Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lightning!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
Crusty
Had a nice storm roll through this evening; got some cool shots!

Crusty
Crusty
emoticon-object-018.gif
swizz
Incredible shots!!! worthy.gif worthy.gif
Rockyrat
Very impressive. Camera? Settings?
Caveman
I'm right there with Chris, Incredible pics!
Crusty
the flag shot is a lightning camera capture from my phone; great app, buffers pictures until there is a lightning strike, then you hit the button and you get the shot!

The rest are with my D300s. I was doing 4 second exposures. Think it was around 6 or so, 200 iso with my 17-55 2.8 at 17

MikeS
Very cool lightning pics Crusty! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Denise
smiley-clapping.gif Those are fantastic shots Crusty! I love the way lightning just does it's own thing like your pictures show. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif The sky here was filled last night with the lightning along the mountain ranges. Was a beautiful sight to see till Tim came in all frantic wanting me to see what was in the valley sky right above us. Not sure how to explain what I saw (for an hour) so I wont even try. mellow.gif It was quite the sight that I will never forget though!!
Crusty
tonights storm was a fast mover, leaving behind clear skies and a nice double rainbow!
aggum1983
Great lightning Pics Crusty. Some of those look close
fenixsmom
Holy hell! Those are amazing Crustilicous! I am temped to pirate them and use em as my phone background!.... (I won't) I'm impressed with the colors you captured and perfect timing!
EMac
These are great!

Please be careful out there, particularly in the hills. WY and CO are #1 and 2 for lightning deaths taking into account population. CO is #3 overall behind Florida and Texas respectively. July is the 'busy season' for strikes so to speak.

From NOAA/Vaisala: Lightning deaths
EMac
Have you ever tried imaging Sprites or other upper atmospheric lightning? I would love to see those!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.