Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: False Hope Pocket
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
NewRockHounder
smiley-shocked003.gif Well, to start this story off, it was a great partly cloudy morning/afternoon with James, at what was once known as the "Endless Pocket." "Why?" You might be asking yourself in a puzzlement. Would I say such things, and/or give it a new name such as that. It all begins with James and I digging into the 'new direction' that Josh and I had started a few weeks back. Clearing out about six inches of over burden, we got to the main digs. Mostly chunky rock. After spending a good hour removing about another foot down of material, I seen it first! - smiley-shocked003.gif - A hole in the rock, that seemed to go slightly to the left and down. We were both extremely excited! excited.gif For the next half hour to forty five mins we continued to unblock the hole. Finally!.... .... empty, completely empty, walled out about a foot in. Having seen that, the new name stuck. Yet we continued onward and downward. Pulling out a lot of gravel and big blocks....

Now keep in mind, we are about three and a half to four feet down, after striking out on False Hope.... I seen it first! - wacko.gif blink.gif ............. blink.gif ........... Click to view attachment Ummmm.... blink.gif
NewRockHounder
I'll be camping up and around, not ness. at, Endless, but the Devil's Head area this weekend. Got Friday off so heading up then. Early morning. Prob come back Sunday.

Josh - Join me at Endless Sunday.

As always, if anyone can attend, if not to camp then for the day, let me know.

Colin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.