Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My PC
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
swizz
It's toast, had a meltdown last week shortly after our Core Team meeting.... critical hard drive malfunction and will no longer boot. ouch.gif
I have use of a friend's laptop for now so I'm back in action again until I can muster up a new PC. happy.gif
Denise
Well that stinks Chris, sorry to hear that. Very nice of your friend to lend you a laptop for now though. whew.gif
cprovolt
I have some 1TB SATA hard drives laying around, I would be more than happy to give you one or two if that is the only problem with your computer.
rollcenter
QUOTE (cprovolt @ Jun 4 2015, 11:09 AM) *
I have some 1TB SATA hard drives laying around, I would be more than happy to give you one or two if that is the only problem with your computer.

I have a ton of pc stuff around some real good stuff so let me know I know we have never met but think I can help with power supply or what ever. I build my own pcs
swizz
Thanks guys! My PC has two hard drives.... a 750G and a 1TB. The 1TB is good but the 750G is toast.
The bad hard drive is the one that had my Windows OS (Win7 Ultimate). I installed that OS from my neighbor's disc and he's long gone... cannot reinstall Windows 7 onto the 1TB. My PC is so old that the only OS disc I have is XP which came with it. Not gonna install that, no longer supported.
So.... my dilemma..... waste money on a new OS for the 10+yr old tired PC or spend a little more and get a new PC with new OS included and better hardware components.
Really not much of a dilemma, it's an easy decision: new PC. Just gotta save my dimes for something fairly nice. I like to tinker too so I'll likely get a big ol gaming tower.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.