Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plant That Only Grows In Diamond-Rich Soil Found
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Crusty
http
://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-anima...grows-diamonds

Need to learn to recognize this and head to the diamond rich area of WY to see if I can find any! :)
Yoda
Very interesting. The science geek in me would be interested in finding out why this plant is so dependent on kimberlite.

Unfortunately, if you find any of these trees growing in the wild in the US, you'll be making a scientific discovery of your own. Seems these are native to and concentrate around Liberia and surrounding countries. :(
Denise
You are referring to the state line district for local Diamonds right? Includes Colorado as well! happy112.gif

The plant they are referring to grows in West Africa, haven't heard of it growing in Wyoming or Colorado though.
kick_can.gif

Here is a quote from the Mining.com article......
The plant, identified as Pandanus candelabrum, could become a simple and efficient tool for diamond hunters in West Africa to uncovering potentially rich precious gems and semi-precious gemstones deposits, the paper claims.
swizz
I'm going to plant some on my claims to see if I can attract Kimberlite pipes. smiley-clapping.gif
Denise
Just noticed Jason and Cara beat me to it. laugh.gif

Good luck Chris!
giggle.gif
Yoda
Where is a like button when you need one? Funny!
fenixsmom
QUOTE (swizz @ May 6 2015, 09:33 AM) *
I'm going to plant some on my claims to see if I can attract Kimberlite pipes. smiley-clapping.gif

smiley-laughing021.gif greensmilies-012.gif
Crusty
Apparently I didn't have enough coffee in me to pull off an attempt at humor lol

Swizz on the other hand is firing on all cylinders!!

QUOTE (swizz @ May 6 2015, 08:33 AM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.