Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Forum Member, headed to Mineral County
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
Bill Dakin
Hello all, while I'm not in Colorado today, my early preschool years were in the Springs and the Cherry Creek area of Denver. I joined as a new forum member because we are headed to Mineral County sometime between June and August. And we will base out of Creede, Summitville, Del Norte to combine ATV'ing and rockhounding. We have great fossil beds in north Texas with terrific trilobites collected over the years, but no geodes or thunder eggs around. We do have fantastically large calcite accretions in the DFW area. I have one 30" wide. I've panned a lot of magnetite from the East Fork of the San Juan River! No gold though.

Wheeler is on the list!
Crusty
Welcome to the forums!!
MikeS
Welcome to the forums Bill!

Sounds like a fun! If you have any pics of your finds I would love to see them. Hope your trip goes well.
llamabox
Hit me up when you come down. You will be hitting all the spots we hit. I doubt Im 30min from your stay.
Bill Dakin
Thanks, will do. The trip dates are up in the air still. Summitville is on the list just because we like climbing Montezuma Peak. No real collecting outcrops there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.