Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: River Bedrock
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
swizz
Bedrock technique....
Had a chance to get out yesterday and work some bedrock up here (for Gold). This is one of the spots that MikeS, Dave, and I worked the other day. Lots of fun on a nice day and I didn't even have to get wet for a change. Just scraping and panning. Used a snuffer bottle to clean out the bottoms of small cracks. No nugs or pickers but was showing a little color in every pan so the concentrate I took home should clean up fairly nice in the Blue Bowl. Very fun day with the pup and a good fix until my claims are accessible.

Bedrock 101 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Bedrock 102 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Bedrock Tools by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Bedrock 103 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Bedrock 104 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
Crusty
You're on a roll, 3 of 4 days in the field! Awesome!
swizz
Scratchin that itch and capitalizing on the recent great weather. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Today poochie and I are going fly fishing up north before this next storm rolls in.
Dave S.
Thanks for going on the trip Sunday Swizz! That was fun!
It was different panning then I am used to
, at Clear Creek. I did not have any leaf fossils in my collection until then either, thanks again! sweet.gif
joshualoun
sweet
swizz
Here's my big haul from the bedrock. smiley-laughing021.gif
Actually not terrible considering I only moved about a gallon of dirt.
WC Gold Sample by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
CP
Not bad for only a gallon of dirt then... thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Crusty
Nice bit of color!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.