Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gunnison County and vicinity
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
knywening
Hello everyone --

Just moved to Gunnison, CO from UT. I am a very amateur collector -- just have done some surface collecting in UT. I'd like to learn some localities and methods in this area. Are any of you located anywhere around here? Salida, Saguache, Del Norte, etc? I'd love to talk a bit if you are.

Thanks!

Kelly
Crusty
Welcome to the CP forums!!

Not from that neck of the woods, but hopefully someone will chime in and have some info for you!
CP_Member.gif
llamabox
Hello and welcome. I am in Saguache just south of you. We go out rockhounding about everyday and you are more than welcome to come along. I take the kids to Cochetopa for apache tears and some jasper, Houselog creek for geodes with botroydal chalcedony, Del Norte for agate and thundereggs. The Sange de Cristos for copper minerals, serpentine/rhicolite, pyrite and galena. Heading closer to you for gold. Still havent taken out the sluice this year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.