Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CP Outing April 2015 Pics
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
swizz
Was an excellent spring outing on CC yesterday with some fine CP members! What a great way to start the season. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
I still have a lot of images to process and will be out with the twin dudes prospecting for a bit today so it may be a day or two before I can get mine up.
Post pics here if you all took any at the CP outing. char098.gif
NewRockHounder
Click to view attachment Swizz and his Buddy (sorry forgot name)

Click to view attachment Crusty

Click to view attachment David S.

Click to view attachment Josh

Click to view attachment Brandon, James and Cyndi

Click to view attachment Inside of Mike S.'s Pan

Photo's I didn't take, Jess and Mike S. .....why wouldn't I do that you ask, cause I wanted to get people working, when I went out to take pics they're both on a break, stretch the 'ol backaroo.

Majority of my time was spent helping Swizz, hopefully somebody else caught em on camera.
Crusty
Great pictures Colin!

Here's few I took

Brandon firing up some coffee

Swizz arriving on scene!

My wife made this stained glass piece for Chris, based on a photo I took of the cabin on his claim. Glad I could give him something cool to look at until he can get back up to the claim!

Josh wasting no time; first one out to the creek!

Crusty
Everyone coming up with a plan of attack!

Colin checking out his box full of mineral goodness in the "door prize" offered up by Mike S!

Lunch break to chow on some pulled pork! Scratch would be proud of me; I was inspired by his Dutch Oven skills and got one myself!
(Sorry for the foggy lens lol)
Crusty
Colin helping out on Swizz's highbanker operation

Mike S & Jess

work stoppage to get more MEAT before everyone headed out

Me packing it in for the day

Crusty
Swizz taking a smoke break
NewRockHounder
Here's the 'door prize' I received from Mike S.

Thanks again

Click to view attachment - The specimens

Click to view attachment - Labeled accordingly on the lid of the box (helpful)

swizz
Great pics you guys!!! char098.gif
I am planning to add my pics later today or tonight. Prospected mornin til eve again yesterday with Mike & Dave up near my place (so much fun!) and about to go to work now (not fun).... will process pics when I get home today.
The weather is spectacular up here!
MikeS
Here is a few pics of the prize I won in the drawing. Thanks Brandon! And thank all of you CP Club Members!

A slice of Brazilian Agate. Beautiful!!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
swizz
Here are my pics from the outing. In hindsight I wish we'd have done a big group shot. We had a lot of people for this one, FUN!!

CC April by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Brandon & Dave
Brandon and Dave by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Colin and Steve
Colin and Steve by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

The highbanker ran well!
Highbanker CC Gold by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Best shore lunch EVER
Pulled Pork Shore Lunch! by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Timber being portaged... and enjoying the ride giggle.gif
Timber Portage by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Some Bighorn Sheep we noticed above us as we were leaving. Wonder how long they were there.
Bighorn Sheep CC Canyon by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
fenixsmom
Great pictures! My stinkin phone ran out of juice when I remembered to take pictures. Boo!
MikeS
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Apr 6 2015, 07:36 PM) *
Great pictures! My stinkin phone ran out of juice when I remembered to take pictures. Boo!

My camera was fully charged and sitting in my gear but I didn't take even 1 pic. BOOO! I will try to remember to take it out on the next adventure.
Crusty
Great shots Swizz!!

Ya, not sure why we didn't think to do a group shot :(
NewRockHounder
I shoulda spoke up, rather than keep to myself (as I usually do, figured one of ya's would'a thought bout that) I was thinking of doing a group pic prior to getting in the riv, oh well.

Till next time, great turn out, sweet to meetcha'all.

Colin
fenixsmom
Swizz I was at the army surplus store by Charlie's fly box and I spotted this... $94.00
swizz
That's a biggun! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
I'm gonna try and get one about the size of Crusty's with stubby legs so I can put charcoal under and on top. It'll be like a crock pot stewing all day while I'm doing miner guy stuff. I'm gonna figure out how to make a blueberry pie like Scratch did too, that was a killer treat.
fenixsmom
They had an entire isle dedicated to cast iron stoves for a lot cheaper than big box. If you're in town check em out.
Edit: okay so it was only like half an isle.
fenixsmom
Well I can at least share what I found. I bought a crucible and was playing with it today. In ny rockhounding finds I found my first mini quartz crystal and either a very clear quartz chunk or a diamond.
Crusty
Nice stuff!

Up at Chris's I find a bunch of stuff I wish was diamond! There are a lot of very clear what I can only assume is quartz. Best test I researched and found was telling (but painful!) is to heat them in hot water or with a flame. If they don't get hot, they're diamonds. Not a test you want to do a lot of times ;)

Dypheron
Great pics guys! The few I took really aren't worth posting, just creeper shots through the trees! music037.gif

I got a few decent for Clear Creek flakes, some micron gold...and three bits of mercury amalgamated gold. mad.gif Whole pan is quarantined for the moment until I decide what do with it. Not nearly enough to worry about, just enough to irritate me.

On that note James and Cyndi were working the same area that I was, so check your cons to see if you got any as well.
fenixsmom
MERCURY NOOO! Better get your gloves. Bwahaha!
I completely forgot about the heat test Mike! Thank you!!! Ill get my torch out and cook that puppy!
fenixsmom
Welp, I have two very clear pieces of quartz lol. They turned red under the flame.
fenixsmom
Hey now B, if there wasn't pantyhose involved you aren't a creeper.
Dypheron
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Apr 14 2015, 11:05 AM) *
Hey now B, if there wasn't pantyhose involved you aren't a creeper.

Or adult diapers, but then I guess it just Depends. smiley-laughing021.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
fenixsmom
Or a rubber horse head. Those folks are creepy!
swizz
I did a cleanup from our outing. CC was a cruel mistress to me again but it was my own fault... ran that highbanker way too fast for that crick. Still managed to catch some though and any Gold is purty Gold! I think that Mike & Dave did much better with their more meticulous methods of sampling. happy088.gif
CC Gold 1.2 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
swizz
Here's a shot of it in the vial with white vinegar.... always looks better magnified in the vial of course.
CC Gold Sample 4-7-15 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
Crusty
That's a nice haul Chris! Much better than my couple micro flakes and what I believe was on of the mercury contaminated ones? It was grayish; I smashed it with the end of the little paint brush I was using to pick up the other flakes and it flattened out like gold.
Crusty
QUOTE (Crusty @ Apr 5 2015, 01:36 PM) *
Josh wasting no time; first one out to the creek!

Josh and I are looking to head back here Monday if anyone is interested in joining us!
Crusty
It's on for Monday; we'll be there between 8-9!

Crusty
Not bad for about 4 hours of working a hole! Gonna go back tomorrow and get some more!
swizz
Super nice color Mike!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Crusty
Spent 8 more hours in the creek today! About 6 hours or working... Didn't do my clean out yet; can't wait to tomorrow morning to see what I got!
Crusty
Quick preview of day 2!
swizz
I think I know who's buying lunch. biggrin.gif
Awesome work Mike!!
Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Nov 4 2015, 12:13 PM) *
I think I know who's buying lunch. biggrin.gif
Awesome work Mike!!

Was all I could do to not go back for a 3rd day! lol
swizz
That's an outstanding haul for a couple of days, you guys hit a nice zone! emoticon-misc-004.gif
Crusty
30 mesh spinnin' in the blue bowl
Crusty
Heres the 50, qoo, and 100-
swizz
ooohhh man, looks like yer buyin dinner too! What a fantastic way to wind down the season. worthy.gif
Safe to say I'm looking forward to the next CP CC outing this spring. Gonna have to pick up a nozzle for the highbanker this winter.
Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Nov 4 2015, 09:35 PM) *
ooohhh man, looks like yer buyin dinner too! What a fantastic way to wind down the season. worthy.gif
Safe to say I'm looking forward to the next CP CC outing this spring. Gonna have to pick up a nozzle for the highbanker this winter.

Dredging is the way to go!! Working side by side with Josh, who was shoveling and classifying in to his sluice, I worked half as long to open up the same sized hole. The next day, I jumped in his hole and doubled, if not tripled it in size. The only thing I'm pondering is if the volume of water is blowing out bigger gold. Josh got a picker out of his hole, but in 2 days I didn't get anything bigger than 30 mesh. Will definitely make another trip soon when the weather is decent and set up my Angus to see if it picks up anything the GH is pushing through.
swizz
Was awesome to hang out with you and Josh a couple of days ago at CC and find some color. emoticon-misc-004.gif
I think I only worked for about 4hrs and tucked tail when the sun ducked behind the mtn. That is definitely a productive spot.
This is my cleanup. I hand-fed my mini Angus approx 10gal of 1/2" classified. That's a good lil pile for only 10 gal of material through a hand sluice. happy088.gif
CC Sample Nov 2015 by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr
swizz
Can't wait to see what you got with the dredge Crusty! extra_happy.gif
Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Nov 11 2015, 10:48 AM) *
Was awesome to hang out with you and Josh a couple of days ago at CC and find some color. emoticon-misc-004.gif
I think I only worked for about 4hrs and tucked tail when the sun ducked behind the mtn. That is definitely a productive spot.
This is my cleanup. I hand-fed my mini Angus approx 10gal of 1/2" classified. That's a good lil pile for only 10 gal of material through a hand sluice. happy088.gif

Nice! Unfortunately my pump finally crapped out, so I didn't get to dredge your spot... which sucks, because I broke through the cobble and hit an awesome sandy later that the dredge would have laid waste to in minutes, not the hours I dug in it lol

I ran out of daylight yesterday, so I didn't do the 100- in the blue bowl. Got one 30 flake.

Still need to process my Sunday dredge cons

Need to get my pump squared away, because I'll definitely be headed back up soon! I'm hooked on this spot!
swizz
Sounds like a run to HF is in order. Let me know when you're going again, I may be able to join you.
Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Nov 11 2015, 12:54 PM) *
Sounds like a run to HF is in order. Let me know when you're going again, I may be able to join you.

Definitely! They get your lift? Gonna go hang out with Colin at his endless pocket Friday, so I won't make it to your job site.
swizz
Yes, they got the lift and I had a panic of a day finishing yesterday. They are supposed to get me a lift for one more day down there plus I have another day of ground work coming up. Weather will dictate the schedule for that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.