Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's a beautiful day
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
NewRockHounder
Going hiking on Monday - dunno if I'll do any digging, probably bring my tools just as weight, while I hike. Gotta get back in shape for backpacking. Ain't gunna be anything special, but I'll bring my digicam regardless. Figured, I'd get myself out of a.. well.. self induced funk (looking for work) got some money from tax returns and the weather is spectacular. I should've gone today (Sunday, oh well, to late in the day for coulda's and shoulda's) I'll hopefully get out early.. earlier the better, but due to my recent sleep habits... well.. happy088.gif we'll see. Anywho, been awhile since I made a post regarding myself, not looking for info, or asking people to join, yada yada - Just saying, that's what I'm doing.

I'm looking forward to it. (not job searching or being a dink in self pity)

That guy over there, (What guy? That guy, that's not here, but over there.)

Colin
Crusty
Should be another fantastic day! Supposed to be almost 80 here in the Springs!
NewRockHounder
Ok, welp, I may have pushed myself more than I should've. Went 3.5 miles on the first, yep, you read correctly, on the first hike. Mind you, one way. Back out, made record time... figured I still have majority of the daylight hours left, I'm close enough to the river, North Fork, South Platte. Why not? - - Revisited a campsite (two) I had built with a friend a few years back - was still looking good. Anywho, it was such a beautiful day that I hardly stopped to take a pic. The two pics I deem worthy of posting here, are from a handful, literally, of pics I took.

Click to view attachment The first being, I came upon some trash... you #$&(#&)& pack it in, pack it out, don't create (tho worthy of a pic) BS. If you can't tell what in the hell I took a photo of it... it's 3 bottles in 1... or maybe 1 bottle in three.

Anywho, figured I try my Ansel Adams approach to the next... (same pic, different zoom's) Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Ooooh fancy, a bonus pic - I wanted to reach this rock out cropping in the first hike... it seemed, because it was, a good distance away... having pushed myself, I reached it, and then some... Mind the photo, it was guidance of where I wanted to be. (zoomed in) Click to view attachment Wish I had taken a photo not zoomed in, to show the distance... "coulda, shoulda, can't."

All in all tho, it makes me jonesing for camping. Wish I could support myself enough to do that.... might go with the last of my refunds... it's weighing heavy on me. Granted, Rampart (Devil's Head) isn't open yet, but if I can hike.. let's say (could be more, probably less) four miles in, I'd be close enough to "ThE EnDlEsS PoCkEt," .... eh, we'll see. (It's just a thought at this point, a heavy, heavy thought)
Crusty
Glad someone got out and enjoyed the great weather today; I've got a wicked crick in my neck, can't turn my head left at all. crutches.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.