Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spring Time YAAAHOOOOOO!!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
CP
Spring time is here! extra_happy.gif Well not quite officially but we can see it coming! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif It is "spring forward" time for daylight savings though. Don't forget to set clocks ahead that need it tonight. smiley-cool14.gif
Crusty
One step closer! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Denise
Clocks set! happy112.gif The weather has been really nice here again, have even been outside digging in shorts. Rained pretty good the other day and melted all the snow as well........I'm ready! emoticon-misc-004.gif Doo' ya!!!! laugh.gif
Dypheron
It was beautiful all weekend here, was out shooting all day Saturday in a t-shirt just soaking in the sun. The nice weather melted all the snow and turned the dirt road into some nice mud, giving me a chance to wash the Jeep too! It was getting pretty dirty, what with all that shiny paint all over the damn thing. Now it's happy again, all dull tan and clumpy.
swizz
Super nice up here too, looks like all week. I have mixed emotions. On one hand I really really really need to make money from plowing, on the other.... spring is my favorite time of the year and I can't wait to get started with the summer biz and mining. I fly fished locally yesterday and will again on Thursday, we're getting some excellent insect hatches on the Colorado and the fishing is spectacular now if you can handle wading in the ice water. Right now the town is filled with spring break folks, always kinda exciting.... then it'll be mud season which turns this into a ghost town for about a month.... which the locals love!
Dypheron
You should really consider the knife making and leatherworking as a winter moneymaker Chris, you've got the skills to do it and make money.
swizz
Thanks Brandon!
I want to do that but it's another $1500-$1800 investment for a good belt grinder setup. Without that machine, I'm far too inefficient to make viable money at it. If I have a great year with biz this summer I may be able to swing it. Eventually, I plan to supplement my income into the retirement years with it though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.