Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Soliciting
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Rockyrat
It seems that Mother Nature has decided to put up her own "No Soliciting" sign outside my front door.

Here's the "Daggers o' Death"

Click to view attachment

Even though it hasn't been windy they have a wierd curve to them
Click to view attachment

and here's the "Ankle Breaker"
Click to view attachment

The forecast is for more snow this afternoon through the weekend. I think that I'll leave them there and see what happens.
Crusty
nice! lol
Denise
giggle.gif Jack frost had a fun time decorating your place it looks like.
Wow, definitely be careful on that porch!! smiley-shocked003.gif
Rockyrat
It's actually gotten worse out there. We haven't had hardly any melting and what did melt refroze right away. We've also had a few days of light snow and sub-freezing temps. The step into the house is now a block of ice covered by a light dusting of snow. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen if someone steps on it. I really don't want to put salt down as it's right at the top of my lawn.

I'll try to take some new pics of the larger icicles tomorrow.
Caveman
Throw kitty litter, sand, and lawn fertilizer.... the fertilizer will act as a temporary ice melter, causing the kitty litter and sand to stick hard in it, and provide traction. Coarse sand alone works well, but you got to use a lot of it. If nothing else - dirt works well, too - but is messy when things warm up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.