Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New dog....
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Caveman
Well, Chris, you are not alone in the "new partner" dept... Karen and I were watching a facebook post on the community board here about an older "husky-type" dog that needed a new home as the owner was moving back to New Zealand. It came down to the last week, after many no shows, so we adopted her on Saturday.

Shanee (pronounced with a long "A") is husky mix (most likely Siberian), or a Samoyed mix that her previous owner picked up as a 3mon old from a Native-American reservation, about 10 years ago, and had to give her up because the expense and stress of the NZ Quarantine was too much, and she did not think Shanee would make it through the 5 month period.

Good news is, Shanee is very healthy for an older dog, but at 70lbs, is about 10lbs over weight, and has some "older-dog issues" due to that... mainly some stiffness. She is a very sweet and happy dog, and has fit right in with the 4 others! It already seems like she has always been here, and stays close to either Karen or me and comes right away when called. Vet gave her an "A+"!

Bad news... we are already very attached to her, and she is 10. Arrggghhhh! Oh, well - we will hold dear our time with her for however many years she has left.

Pic's to come!
swizz
Scott, that is such great news and so kind of you two to make that commitment. Man, what a dire situation to!! I am in awe of you guys. worthy.gif
I cannot wait to see pics! char098.gif
Bring her up to the mine this year instead of those two little hellraisers. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif smiley-chores016.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Caveman
Well, I have no choice but to bring the 2 hell raisers (Mira and Molly) and MAYBE I can swing Shanee, too. Have to get a larger tent, though. Ripped this from Karen's facebook page....

swizz
She looks sweet! I can tell her tail's waggin in that shot. You guys are getting some huge Karma points and a great ol dog. happy088.gif
fenixsmom
Awww you are giving that pup a wonderful life in her golden years. Bless your wonderful hearts!
Crusty
very cool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.