Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Good Deals"
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Wanted > SOLD or Found!
Crusty
I have a craigslist app on my tablet and phone and have it set to search for "mining" "Metal detectors" "sluice" "dredge" and "highbanker" (and also "bed trailer", as I'm looking for a tuck bed trailer to haul my gear in). Have all the areas of Co set to search, except for out in the flat lands lol

If I see anything that might be of interest to the group, I'll post it up. Ill do the same!

If there is something you'd like me to set a search for, so you don't have to troll Craigslist yourself, let me know!
Crusty
Anyone familiar with the White's GMT Detector? They retail for $729, I found a used one for $575 shipped. He says his price is firm, but it is a 2 owner machine, and "old guy who rarely used it" and "my son, who I bought it for to go with me but he never used it." So it is at least 2 years old, so it would seem like $160 less than retail is a bit steep and maybe he'll take less.

http://www.whiteselectronics.com/gmt

Thoughts?

Crusty
Came across this trommel... he wants $850 for it (without pump); in Denver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8V7Yrpto7U

Seems like this thing takes up a lot of room, needing a very large footprint! I'm assuming this wouldn't be something that could handle a larger dredge crashbox, as it seems like the volume would just blow the stuff straight through the tube.

Just my random finds while hunkered down for the winter lol
cprovolt
QUOTE (Crusty @ Feb 23 2015, 08:28 AM) *
Anyone familiar with the White's GMT Detector? They retail for $729, I found a used one for $575 shipped. He says his price is firm, but it is a 2 owner machine, and "old guy who rarely used it" and "my son, who I bought it for to go with me but he never used it." So it is at least 2 years old, so it would seem like $160 less than retail is a bit steep and maybe he'll take less.

http://www.whiteselectronics.com/gmt

Thoughts?

Crusty,

I haven't used one but I have heard great things about the Whites GMT it is a solid PI machine, $575 is a good price if the machine was well cared for. They do typically run for about $500 used a bit more if the condition is very good, ie used once and still has box.
Crusty
QUOTE (cprovolt @ Feb 23 2015, 09:55 AM) *
Crusty,

I haven't used one but I have heard great things about the Whites GMT it is a solid PI machine, $575 is a good price if the machine was well cared for. They do typically run for about $500 used a bit more if the condition is very good, ie used once and still has box.

Thanks! It doesn't have the box but he is including a second battery pack. I'll get on ebay and find some closed auctions for used ones and see what the going rate is. They seems to be a pretty solid option for a gold detector.
swizz
The Whites is a good detector.
Woody's brother Steve got a good nugget from my claims a few yrs ago using a GMT.
That trommel vid won't hit... says "private video".
Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Feb 23 2015, 12:49 PM) *
The Whites is a good detector.
Woody's brother Steve got a good nugget from my claims a few yrs ago using a GMT.
That trommel vid won't hit... says "private video".

Changed to "unlisted," so it should be visible now
Crusty
Wish I had time to run up to Lakewood; at $500, this looks like a good deal!

https://denver.craigslist.org/sgd/4959380886.html

fenixsmom
I know that pawn shop well. They accept credit cards over the phone. At least for pawned merch. They are great guys over there. Call em and see if they ship.
fenixsmom
They are literally down the street. If I had the $500 I would go get it for you right now lol!
Crusty
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Apr 6 2015, 10:36 AM) *
They are literally down the street. If I had the $500 I would go get it for you right now lol!

Ah, didn't know it was a pawn shop... thanks! Probably not gonna get them to lower the price, but $500 seems like a pretty fair deal! I did send them an email asking what they're running in the sluice, but now I'm guessing they won't know that. Hmmmm

GeoMatt
QUOTE (Crusty @ Apr 6 2015, 11:30 AM) *
Ah, didn't know it was a pawn shop... thanks! Probably not gonna get them to lower the price, but $500 seems like a pretty fair deal! I did send them an email asking what they're running in the sluice, but now I'm guessing they won't know that. Hmmmm

I clinked the link, now down to $400 on the ad.......
Crusty
Gave them a holler; they took $350 for it!!!

Now to keep an eye out for a sale on HF pumps!
swizz
Great score Crusty!
After you get your pump you'll need a foot valve with the same type of hose that is pictured for intake. Typically about 5 or 6 ft long.
Then about 50 or 100ft of lay-flat hose to connect the pump to the highbanker. Lay-flat hose is inexpensive. You'll need some connectors and probably a reducer or two to get her all hooked up. Easy hardware store stuff.
That HF pump started first pull on the creek after being stored for the winter. I'm still a fan of that pump for under $200. If you dredge you'll probably want a more expensive pump that is designed for dredging... like a Keene. I don't think trash pumps like the HF can handle that.
Nice setup you picked up and excellent price!
fenixsmom
Awesome!!! Are they going to ship it to you?
Crusty
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Apr 6 2015, 07:10 PM) *
Awesome!!! Are they going to ship it to you?

I'm just gonna run up and get it tomorrow... then let the wife take me to this Casa Bonita joint she's always talking about lol With gas as cheap as it is, it'll be cheaper to drive up than to have them UPS it to me, even in my truck!
fenixsmom
Just say no to the food at casa bonita! I've gotten food poisoning there twice. The food is microwaved crap! (My sister waitressed there too.) The only nifty thing is the cliff diving.
Crusty
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Apr 6 2015, 10:40 PM) *
Just say no to the food at casa bonita! I've gotten food poisoning there twice. The food is microwaved crap! (My sister waitressed there too.) The only nifty thing is the cliff diving.

I know it is a gamble, but since my wife grew up in Lakewood, she says I gotta roll the dice one, just for the experience lol
swizz
No Mexican food is truly authentic without Montezuma's Revenge.
Crusty
Just picked it up; there is actually still quite a bit of material under the moss and punch plate. Would be awesome if there was some color left in it!!
fenixsmom
How was Casa Botulism last night? puke.gif Enjoy seeing the guys in speedos? smiley-laughing021.gif
Crusty
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Apr 8 2015, 10:17 AM) *
How was Casa Botulism last night? puke.gif Enjoy seeing the guys in speedos? smiley-laughing021.gif

Apparently going on a weekday afternoon wouldn't have afforded me the full CB "experience" so we're going on Saturday lol

Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Apr 6 2015, 06:43 PM) *
Great score Crusty!
After you get your pump you'll need a foot valve with the same type of hose that is pictured for intake. Typically about 5 or 6 ft long.
Then about 50 or 100ft of lay-flat hose to connect the pump to the highbanker. Lay-flat hose is inexpensive. You'll need some connectors and probably a reducer or two to get her all hooked up. Easy hardware store stuff.
That HF pump started first pull on the creek after being stored for the winter. I'm still a fan of that pump for under $200. If you dredge you'll probably want a more expensive pump that is designed for dredging... like a Keene. I don't think trash pumps like the HF can handle that.
Nice setup you picked up and excellent price!

It had the foot valve, so I'm good to go there (just need to get the intake rigged up in a bucket). Does HF stock lay flat hose? If I can link up with Brandon and get set up, I can play with it with my buckets of cons and get it dialed in.

I did clean out the material in it and there was no color in it sadno.gif
swizz
I didn't find the layflat I needed at HF. I'm not sure if they carry any at all. I don't think that the proper terminology for it is "layflat"... that's what throws them and the hardware stores off when you ask for it.
I found it at my local Ace Hardware in the Spa supplies section.... I think I got 50ft. It came with a female connector on each end and I had to put a coupler on the hopper fitting to mate onto the hopper box.
Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Apr 16 2015, 06:37 AM) *
I didn't find the layflat I needed at HF. I'm not sure if they carry any at all. I don't think that the proper terminology for it is "layflat"... that's what throws them and the hardware stores off when you ask for it. I found it at my local Ace Hardware in the Spa supplies section.... I think I got 50ft. It came with a female connector on each end and I had to put a coupler on the hopper fitting to mate onto the hopper box.

Thanks. I'll track it down online. GH stuff won't be here until Tue, so I'm not going to get it put together this weekend anyway.

CP
I saw a great deal on a hookah dive set up recently...... happy112.gif
check it out at this link Hookah Dive set up for sale
signs021.gif
Crusty
@Swizz, you can find trailers like this all day long on c/l

https://pueblo.craigslist.org/cto/5170959410.html

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5192594909.html
swizz
I saw this on Craigslist when looking for something else. Great deal if anyone's in the market for a good powersluice/highbanker with Honda pump and he's throwing in a Blue Bowl. Same setup that Crusty and I use, except has a better pump.

Used Keene
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.