Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New Mining Partner
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
swizz
This is my new mining partner and sweeheart - 'Timber'. wub.gif
Caveman and his wife Karen had a lot to do with this hook-up and I am very grateful. arms.gif
Timberwolf/Alaskan Malamute hybrid. I got approved from the rescue a couple of weeks ago and picked/named her then.
She will still be at the rescue shelter for about another month with Mom & Dad and ready for me on the 18th of Jan. I am counting the days!!!
She's only about a month old in these pics they sent me today. Expect to see a lot of her at the mine this year!!!!
Timber 5 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Timber 6 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
NewRockHounder
Very very cute - Mr. Swizz.

Awesome breed blend as well.
Crusty
AWESOME!

Look forward to getting to know her next season!
fenixsmom
Eeek! Congratulations!!! She's so fluffy!
MikeS
Adorable puppy. Congrats swizz! She should make a fine mining partner. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Caveman
Karen and I are extremely happy that this happened for you, Chris. We just happened to come across it, and let you know about it - you did the rest. Congrats, and what a great name for her! Glad we were able to play a part.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
CP
She's very adorable and fluffy looking! Beautiful markings, can't wait to meet her, she'll be a great addition to your life Chris, congrats! cheers.gif
swizz
Thanks!
It's torture for me having to wait until the 18th but they are taking great care of her while Mom is doing her thing. They'll send more pics between now and then and I'll update.
Definitely been an empty void in my life for the last two years (almost to the date). Very much looking forward to her in my life. smiley-chores016.gif
Denise
wub.gif Timber is adorable Chris, the finest addition to ring in the new year! Congratulations and Merry Christmas. smile.gif
Bandit
AWESOME looking Dog , Your very lucky , She should make a great watch dog for the claim , even You won't be able to get near it ( LOL )
Bob
( I got that from friend's in Arkansas with a Quartz Crystal mine that have a Timber Shepherd for a pet/watchdog . )
RhodoRose
Awwwww! She looks like a sweetie! wub.gif
swizz
Thanks!
I have some updated pics they just sent me. I'm feeling like an expecting father. It's torture! I still have a couple weeks before she's ready for pickup.
I love the one to the right of her with the black face too.... so cute, it was a toss up for me between the two when I was picking.

Middle dog
Timber 8 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Timber 9 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Timber 10 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
Crusty
We're all feeling like expectant family! I was gonna ask you yesterday for an update, but I figured you were going crazy enough waiting yourself, you didn't need me bugging you! lol

Cute litter! I bet it was tough to pick from that bunch!

Hang in there dad, less than 2 weeks!
Denise
wub.gif She's such a sweetie! Even a cute ham for the camera, good thing since she will have her pic taken ALOT. giggle.gif

swizz
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Jan 5 2015, 10:39 AM) *
wub.gif She's such a sweetie! Even a cute ham for the camera, good thing since she will have her pic taken ALOT. giggle.gif

How did you guess? char098.gif
Caveman
- a sweet little doggie told us!
swizz
My little monster is still in jail... only three days left! happy.gif
Timber 12 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Timber 11 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
fenixsmom
Fluffy face!!!!!!! She's so pretty!
swizz
She's gonna put that fluff to good use up here. emoticon-object-024.gif
That reminds me......
I have a nifty dog hair "Original Pet Rake" that Dan gave to me for when the big shed happens in the spring! Gonna get her used to that early on. Thanks again Dan! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Crusty
can't imagine how excited you are! Are you taking the pics or are they just sending them to you?

Here's my crazy ball obsessed pooch playing in the snow yesterday
swizz
Ranch dog! Great looking dog Mike. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
What's up with the freaky eyes? They look milky.
Rescue is just sending me pics.... they're almost 5hrs away and I haven't met my baby yet.
Crusty
we got her from the pound... she's deaf (which sucks because I can't really ever let her off leash... especially around streets and such, but even if I take her out in the woods, if she runs off, calling her back wouldn't do any good). We've lerned that when breeders breed white or merle dogs together (because they're cute of course) there is a good chance they'll be deaf, blind, or both. We named her Iris because of her craazy eyes lol
swizz
Now I remember you telling me her story at the mine! What a sweetheart she is. happy.gif
fenixsmom
She looks part Aussie. You could use a shock collar. The vibration setting could be used as a come command.Just a thought!
NewRockHounder
Shock collars are a horrible invention. IMO
fenixsmom
Shock collars my friend, are just a tool. Much like a firearm or screwdriver there will be those that use them improperly and with malice in mind. The shock coller has in fact saved my dog multiple times from an untimely meeting with a vehicle. He was chasing down a wounded goose straight towards the highway. Since he could no longer hear the whistle command, Steve called him back with the collar. I absolutely do not condone abuse via shock therapy. However, when used properly, it could very well save your dog's life.
Crusty
we've talked about getting a training collar, but she's such a spaz, we weren't sure it would be effective. Might give it a try
Coalbunny
Shock collars are not for dogs...they're for kids! eating-popcorn-03.gif
fenixsmom
Ugh, kids and unruly men.
swizz
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Jan 15 2015, 11:33 PM) *
..... and unruly men.

HA!
(threaten ME with a good time....)
Denise
QUOTE (swizz @ Jan 15 2015, 12:54 PM) *
My little monster is still in jail... only three days left! happy.gif
Timber 12 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Timber 11 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

She is sooo beautiful Chris!! Only 2 days left till you meet that sweetie for life. cloud9.gif cheers.gif
Denise
I bet Chris is overloaded with fuzzy love at this point!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif smiley-clapping.gif cloud9.gif
I can't wait to see pics of her finally "home" with you!
cheers.gif
Crusty
Happy picking up your new pooch day!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
fenixsmom
I can't wait to hear the news!!!!!
swizz
Everything went well!
It was an all day trip and she didn't fuss, poop, or pee during the whole ride... pretty much nuzzled me the whole time on my lap while a friend drove.
Now she's at home and getting used to the new surroundings. Healthy appetite and playful already! She's a little over 60% Wolf from my understanding and it's two different types of Wolf mixed with AK Malamute. She'll grow to be an incredible animal methinks.
Anyway, not too many pics yet... she's zonked out and we need to explore the outdoors and some snow later today. She has a lot of information to process. smiley-chores016.gif
She picked her indoor spot just under my wood cache. happy088.gif
20150119_084700 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
Denise
oaaawwwww!! She is sooo sweet! I'm glad things are going well for you both! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif cheers.gif
fenixsmom
How cuuute!!! What a chick magnet! SHE'S SO FLUFFY, I COULD DIE!!!!!
MikeS
Right on swizz! It sounds like she will be a great companion! Congrats! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Crusty
Glad she's making herself right at home! Have fun with that cute little ball of fur!
swizz
Eat, drink, PLAY, sleep, repeat. This is what we're doing every couple of hours. laugh.gif She is already potty trained and goes on the paper for me. I carried her over there a couple of times during the act with much praising and she figured it out right away! Learning new words now and she is picking everything up really fast. Very much a pleasure to work with so far! I think she's gonna be a smart one. Had my friend's full sized AK Malamute over here today. He is about 10yrs old and they played so well together, it was really hilarious and I am relieved that her social skills are fine thus far. She was submissive and playful with him.... until she fell asleep again. happy088.gif
20150120_111641 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
Caveman
Outstanding, Chris! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
swizz
Thank you again Scott, big debt of gratitude to you for putting me in touch with Dotty & Darin. worthy.gif They are exceptional people. The whole experience has been a pleasure.
I promise I'll quit being a goober Dad with the baby pics soon. blush.gif I can't help it.
The previous pics were from my cell phone. These are from my DSLR and give a better idea of what Miss Timber looks like. She looks strikingly like an Ewok! Coincidence? I think not. smiley-laughing021.gif
Timber 13 1200 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Timber 16 1600 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Timber 15 1600 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
Rockyrat
I'm looking forward to hearing the story about how people react when she heads out to explore while you're out in the forest and you start yelling "Timber".
swizz
I hadn't thought of that! smiley-laughing021.gif
Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Jan 20 2015, 03:45 PM) *
I promise I'll quit being a goober Dad with the baby pics soon. blush.gif I can't help it.

I'm sure I speak for the majority that say, please don't! Who could pass up a chance to see that pretty lil' ball o'fur! She's adorable!!

QUOTE (Rockyrat @ Jan 20 2015, 04:00 PM) *
I'm looking forward to hearing the story about how people react when she heads out to explore while you're out in the forest and you start yelling "Timber".

smiley-laughing021.gif
NewRockHounder
QUOTE (Rockyrat @ Jan 20 2015, 04:00 PM) *

smiley-laughing021.gif That's quality entertainment for the quality impaired. Nice line. happy088.gif
Coalbunny
A friend of mine wanted to give me his dog. Full blooded Rottie with papers that he got from a guy in IDF when he was overseas. The Rottie was named "Allah".
That dog was hilarious!

I decided against taking the dog as I can imagine him "escaping" and me walking around town in the middle of the night yelling "Allah Ackbar!" (the dog's order to "come here"). smiley-laughing021.gif
swizz
A few pics from out in the snow today, it's her element. emoticon-object-024.gif
Practicing for Mousing already.... or was it "practice"? I was rooting for her to git one!
Timber 19 1600 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Timber 20 1600 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Timber 18 1600 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Timber 17 1600 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

Crusty
cute factor overload! She's awesome!! SO happy for you AND her!
swizz
She's grown maybe a little in the last week. She's building confidence and agility fast! Just passed out in the middle of a play session and I couldn't resist this pic.
Sleepy Time by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.