Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Booyah
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
NewRockHounder
SOLD MY FIRST CRYSTALS!!!!!! Shazzamooooooo!! Well - tech.. owed this lady (that bought) $5.00 - she picked up for me, SIO @ home depot.... "sold" her 3 crystals - first, chlorite on water quartz, second and third - smokey quartz, really nice termination on one...
I quoted $15 but when she came, I showed her some other pieces... rounded off at $25 for the 3 - she said, "debt paid, plus the SIO, consider it even?"

Me, "yes, that'll work, rather than have money now, take care of the debts and the SIO - equal trade... Considering, I was gunna charge her $40+ for the pieces.

Wing Dang Doodle, (lol)

Colin
Denise
Sweet deal Colin, and everyone's happy! Should have snuck in some distilled water for the cleaning process also while she was at the store. giggle.gif biggrin.gif
Just make sure you use it when cleaning the specimens with SIO! groucho.gif Tip that makes it all work together well.

Can't wait to see some finished pieces as well!
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif eating-popcorn-03.gif
NewRockHounder
Foshizziles, I would've sold her the piece I placed in SIO when she brought it over - but apparently it's not instantanious (spelling) for results - let em soak for a day or two - everything I got in SIO now is from Endless... shazamoooo!!! Only 4 pieces fit in the container I have it in - let us wait n see.

WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Colin
fenixsmom
Congratulations Colin!
Coalbunny
I don't mind buying specimens, as they usually come from places I have no access to. But when I heard the $40 mark, I decided it wasn't for me. I know I can get specimens for substantially cheaper than that elsewhere.
NewRockHounder
I said $40 cause I have no idea how to price my crystals, honestly I was going to charge her a lot less since she's a co-worker. On a side note, seemed like a good number, not overly expensive and not underselling myself either. But it didn't come to that - a fair trade, something I needed and something she wanted.

SIO seems to be doing a good job, probably going to hafta let em soak for a few days - lot of buildup - but already can see some results. happy088.gif

Colin
MikeS
Good for you buddy! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
NewRockHounder
Hazah! extra_happy.gif Hazah! extra_happy.gif Met/talked with a coworker today. He's not new, just usually works different shifts than me. Anywho, he buys gems/crystals. I showed him one I happend to have on me.. (soaked the sh!t out of it in SIO) It's soooo super clear, it's fantastical! Anywho, again, after talking with this guy - he does (attempts and is still learning on lapidary) cut and polish stones.. he quoted me $5-10 for polishing per stone, depending on size, unsure as to cut prices.. but regardless - sell him/or trade for future work some of my pieces from endless... since majority is that... pieces. Let him learn on those and then cut what I want cut and/or polished. Win/Win. I'm stoked that I had a talk with him on a smoke break. And/or to my and/or - just sell him some of my smokeys as well. Quoted him for one today, at $20 for an 8" crystal that isn't very clear... he hasn't even seen it yet and said that sounds like a reasonable price.

Whoop whoop

Colin
fenixsmom
You might want to see some examples of his work. I would hate to see a good crystal rendered worthless by an amateur.
NewRockHounder
I'll be giving him, crap (to start with) - things I've thrown out but could still hold promise if they're cut - gotta root around in the backyard piles'o 'ain't worth my time.' And/or give him some of the fragments of crystals I can't seem to piece together... quality pieces in and of, themselves.. but again.. pieces. happy112.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.