Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Little Diamonds!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
EMac
This is really cool: Mining Global report and telegraph.uk report

30,000 tiny diamonds found in rock in Russia
fenixsmom
Just as the ruble drops. Iiiinteresting.
Caveman
Well, Russia did have the largest open pit diamond mine (or largest open pit mine of any sort) in the world until it shut down a number of years ago - it got played out.

Russian and Russian-cut diamonds are spectacular. My wife has a 5 stone ring she inherited from he grandmother, and it's stunning - VERY obvious that the diamonds are Russian, and old Russian-cut stones. First time I saw it, I knew exactly what the stones were, and I'm almost a complete novice when it comes to gemstones. The appraiser confirmed it, too. His eyes bugged out AND he said "Wow!" when he first saw it!
MikeS
Very cool. I think the fifth largest diamond in North America came from the diamond fields here in Colorado.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.