Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool Mining Belt Buckle
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
swizz
Thought I'd show off my new mining belt buckle. I picked it up at an antique shop online. It was made in 1981, so if this is an "antique".... I'm a dinosaur. Anyway, it's a nice commemorative mining buckle made by the Arroyo Grande Buckle Company. Amazing detail work. It's heavy!
The inscription on the back reads:
"Dreams of striking it rich helped to open up the frontier. This buckle is dedicated to those men and women who chose this rugged and often solitary way of life."

20141211_104629 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr

20141211_104456 by ghostcreekmine, on Flickr
EMac
I'm not much of a belt buckle guy, but I like the design and detail for sure!
Crusty
pretty cool!
CP
Cool buckle Swizz, I really like that one! signs021.gif
NewRockHounder
Cool design but I use a bungee cord as a belt smiley-laughing021.gif That way - I always got one on me and it works nice as a belt.. but I do have this one - Click to view attachment
swizz
Fancy! chaplin.gif
Hopefully Brandon can post up a pic of his mining belt buckle, that one's pretty cool too.
Denise
Sweet buckle's guys! I am really fond of this one and we plan to get one (or several) someday. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Picture pulled off the internet...

Click to view attachment

Now that's a cool buckle!!
happy112.gif
swizz
Very cool! hmmmmm...... I know we have a lot on the plate now, but maybe a Core Team project down the road. chin.gif
Crusty
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Dec 11 2014, 05:42 PM) *
Cool design but I use a bungee cord as a belt smiley-laughing021.gif That way - I always got one on me and it works nice as a belt.. but I do have this one - Click to view attachment

My riding buddy is the director for that rodeo... shall we sing it's a small world now?
Crusty
Sorry for the thread jack, but here's a picture of his Christmas tree, made from Pendleton Whiskey bottles!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.