Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A friend wants to buy
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
NewRockHounder
I know it's small and would need to be cut (will cut good, there's a nice diamond shape within the middle of it, that's clear) - wondering how much ya'll think it's worth for a lil piece.., (If I choose to sell) Click to view attachment

Just curious on any price - probably won't sell as it's my first Fluorite piece... but, be good to know. Any opinion helps, unless it's a BS opinion.

Colin
EMac
You can pick up Nalgene bottles for like $5-10. chaplin.gif

I like Mike's take on this. To paraphrase it's the intersection of how much it's worth to you and how much someone is willing to shell out for it. Aside from the material's intrinsic value which probably isn't much, it's subjective beauty that you're trying to sell. You'll get a lot of variation in responses.
fenixsmom
Good eye on the Nalgene bottle you wisenheimer!

You can try to look online on eBay or gem traders and try to find comparable pieces and use that as a good base price. Adjust according to flaws or quality. To reiterate Eric's & MikeS's point. The value of the piece is in the beholder
NewRockHounder
Word son. Thanks. I said 40 bucks. smiley-clapping.gif

After I read your posts.
MikeS
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Nov 14 2014, 11:53 AM) *
Word son. Thanks. I said 40 bucks. smiley-clapping.gif After I read your posts.

Yep, if it sold for 40 then that's how much it was worth. If you have to drop the price a little to make the sale then that's how much it's worth. One thing I have learned about pricing mineral specimens is it is very very subjective, and open to so many variables that it can be confusing to do.
MikeS
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Nov 14 2014, 11:53 AM) *
Word son. Thanks. I said 40 bucks. smiley-clapping.gif After I read your posts.

Yep, if it sold for 40 then that's how much it was worth. If you have to drop the price a little to make the sale then that's how much it's worth. One thing I have learned about pricing mineral specimens is it is very very subjective, and open to so many variables that it can be confusing to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.