Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Just promo'd this website
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
NewRockHounder
I showed a neighbor a few of my pieces... actually have been, since I started hounding, but he asked me "how do you know all this?" My reply "What I didn't research on my own, I learned from Colorado Prospector forums," told him my forum name - and yada yada to promote the site - thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Honestly, just wanted to post that I did, that - I don't expect, the CP's to give me anything (seriously, other than kudos) for my efforts.

I will say, on a left field note... I do become a member (it's not a question of when, it's a fact that I'm going to be at some point) - Expect a lot more views and comments as I'll be promoting this more and more thumbsupsmileyanim.gif (not ness. for the good... but more peeps, the better in my opin.. more chances of more members) thumbsupsmileyanim.gif And/or (I use that a lot) a lot more feed back for posts 'n' what not.

In other words - help me, help you, help me.

That guy over there - no wait, Colin
NewRockHounder
I just want to reinstate - that I should get nothing but kudos. - For the sanity of the actual members.... I'm not looking for a bump - just a kudos and only a kudos. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I'm clearly nothing special... compared to Mike S., Woody, Fe...L..NO...N...ix (insider joke, sorry) Crusty... anyone else, really... that's actually a member.... I might got the luck... but that's bout it - knowledge.. (still learning, research.gif ) Totally understand that - Please Mr/Mrs CP don't send me a private message - - really.. Just wanted to show that I care bout this site, only this site (I could join various rock houning groups, but I stay true to this... it's what I know - it's what I love. Great... truly great, knowledge here.)

Just letting ya's know - when I do become a member and even before (clearly) I'll bring people here. (Maybe part of my mission(s) in life) - In the regards of my own saying "Help me, help you, help me."

-Colin
fenixsmom
KUDOS!!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Word of mouth is probably one of the best ways to advertise anything you believe in!
Crusty
Good job! Hopefully folks make their way here, or maybe you find a new buddy to go out & kick rocks with you!
swizz
KUDOS! cheers.gif
Denise
happy088.gif Very cool Colin, thank you! It's great to hear that you have learned so much from this site and its members, is what we love to hear! happy.gif

Here's to more friendships, learning curves, great times digging and many more years to come!
cheers.gif
CP
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Nov 8 2014, 07:53 PM) *
I just want to reinstate - that I should get nothing but kudos. - For the sanity of the actual members.... I'm not looking for a bump - just a kudos and only a kudos. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I'm clearly nothing special... compared to Mike S., Woody, Fe...L..NO...N...ix (insider joke, sorry) Crusty... anyone else, really... that's actually a member.... I might got the luck... but that's bout it - knowledge.. (still learning, research.gif ) Totally understand that - Please Mr/Mrs CP don't send me a private message - - really.. Just wanted to show that I care bout this site, only this site (I could join various rock houning groups, but I stay true to this... it's what I know - it's what I love. Great... truly great, knowledge here.)

Just letting ya's know - when I do become a member and even before (clearly) I'll bring people here. (Maybe part of my mission(s) in life) - In the regards of my own saying "Help me, help you, help me."

-Colin

Thanks Colin, very cool of you to promo the website and club! signs021.gif Help you, help us, help you?.... Why yes I think we can do just that. Talking today, Denise and I decided to give you a “special Colin offer”! With your great attitude towards learning, liking the club and wanting to join (I believe you will join and benefit from joining.. happy088.gif ) you will be able to do well with promoting the site and club.

So here’s the offer, we have a club membership referral program if you hadn’t seen that benefit yet. Normally it’s only available to active club members, but in this special offer to you we are willing to let you work on referrals before you become a club member! happy112.gif
If you get any people to join the club before you do, we’ll hold a referral bonus and points for you until you can join up. Limit is 60 days though. Get enough to sign up and you’ll make back your club membership fees before you even sign up!

They must use your whole name when signing up so we know you sent them. If they say CP sent me, I’m paying myself…just kidding. Seriously though, since you’ll not yet have a personal referral code until you do sign up, they’ll have to use your name.
Also, you don’t get to collect the referral benefits ($ & points) until you are officially a club member.

Whatcha’ think…….does that help you, help us, help you? biggrin.gif

NewRockHounder
Don't get me wrong it's a fine offer - But as I stated, kudos is fine. I don't want special treatment. I could however, probably get a a couple people to join - we'll see... If that does happen, I'll give them my name, for the fact of them letting you know how they got here.. Dunno if anything will happen in 60 days, but I'll give it a shot - I'll check out the referral program when I'm done writing this.

I'm torn on this Dan. I really just don't want to be "that guy" that got membership by means other than everyone else.

Colin

(On a left field note, I was thinking bout this post today... after talking with a couple neighbors about it, it got me on a tangent of thoughts, one of which being, you should change the 'Kids Page' to 'Minor Miners' smiley-laughing021.gif )
EMac
I think I read something about not looking gift horses in the mouth somewhere....opportunity knocks once...something like that... happy112.gif
Caveman
Colin, jump on this! If you can get people to join, you are already doing what is needed to be done, may as well take advantage of it too. You are not "that guy", save for the fact that you are one of those guys getting out there and making it happen. Plus, I do not really think that anyone here will care how you came to be member, because in our eyes, you already are! Great posts, pics, and attitude... You are what we need. Have fun out there... oh yeah, you already are! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Denise
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Nov 9 2014, 06:40 PM) *
Don't get me wrong it's a fine offer - But as I stated, kudos is fine. I don't want special treatment. I could however, probably get a a couple people to join - we'll see... If that does happen, I'll give them my name, for the fact of them letting you know how they got here.. Dunno if anything will happen in 60 days, but I'll give it a shot - I'll check out the referral program when I'm done writing this.

I'm torn on this Dan. I really just don't want to be "that guy" that got membership by means other than everyone else.

Colin

(On a left field note, I was thinking bout this post today... after talking with a couple neighbors about it, it got me on a tangent of thoughts, one of which being, you should change the 'Kids Page' to 'Minor Miners' smiley-laughing021.gif )

You still need to get the membership like everyone else does Colin, you will just get the "special offer" of gaining club referral points and bucks before becoming a member.
This is our way of helping you help us help you.
biggrin.gif

If you haven't checked out the referral page yet here is a low down....
For every yearly club member referral you get to join up, you will receive $10.00 and 10 points towards winning a prize.
For a lifetime club member referral sign up you would get $50.00 and 50 points towards winning a prize.
Pretty cool eh!
happy088.gif
NewRockHounder
Ok - then I accept the limited time Colin offer of wonderment smiley-cool14.gif

Thanks double D's (Dan and Denise, lol) I'll do my best to get some members signed up.

Colin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.