Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shaka Con, Shaka Con, Save me Shaka Con
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
NewRockHounder
I just wanted to post the title, why, no reason other than, I wanted to. What's that from, a movie? Star Trek? Star Trek Movie? I have no idea, I had it in my head from, hmm, Simpsons long ago - might have been Family Guy, pretty sure it was Simpsons tho... Anywho, feel free to post to this... crap.. it is.. I won't lie. (not now, and hardly ever, depends on the situation, tho.. come to think of it, that's what makes me a self proclaimed asshole, blunt truth) Again, anywho, yada yada and blah blah blah, I ain't got nothing to say. (Is that a double negative?) Anywho, to my anywho, to my anywho, post that random thought - NO, post that thought that first pop's into yer head when you see my message. Don't BS me, BS and lies are the same, ain't got time for that sh!t. (why my blunt truth comes in handy... kinda sorta, in a not so sorta kinda way) thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Caveman
Er, uh, that would be "Chaka Khan". The song is "I Feel for You" - beginning:

Chaka, Chaka, Chaka
Chaka Khan
Chaka Khan
Chaka Khan
Chaka Khan

Chaka Khan
Let me rock you
Let me rock you
Chaka Khan

thought you'd like to know.... eating-popcorn-03.gif
Caveman
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecAg_34Rtws

extra_happy.gif
stereo.gif
NewRockHounder
Holy shit! Thanks bro, song... wow... so 80's.. but dammit I love it for some reason - and I hate everything about the 80's.. lol. Sure I was born then, early'ish, only had to 'live' through 2 years of it, but you know, early 90's was same as 80's - just less brightass colors. smiley-laughing021.gif
Caveman
Glad to be of service! By the way, I LOVED the 80's! Reagan was elected 2x, I served in Berlin from '84 to '86, got out in CA in '87, drove across country btwn VA and CA no less than 5x from June '86 to Oct '87, watch the Redskins win 3 Superbowls and go to the playoffs damn near every year, met Jim Parker (one of my bass fishing heroes), saw the death of Disco (Thank God!) and the birth of Parachute pants (still goin' "WTF, Hammer, what the h***?), big hair and skimpy clothes, and the rise of hair bands, metal, and the Rock Ballad. Oh, yeah - after 83, the economy went Bulls to the Wall (Street) until '92. It was a great time, unless you were in High Scool/College - 'cause the AIDS scare started then, too. Overall, though, it was a Rockin' Good Time! music030.gif
Denise
mellow.gif Chaka Khan! Really guys?? wacko.gif
Caveman
biggrin.gif giggle.gif smiley-laughing021.gif laught16.gif
Caveman
So, Denise..... what's wrong with Chaka Kahn? She's an icon of the late 70's & early 80's.
fenixsmom
Like Pat Benitar, Blondie, Prince or Michael Jackson icons?

Why is it that the latter two managed to catch so much tail looking like such girls?
Caveman
Bigger, more talented, and much better than Blondie (Debbi Harry), but a little behind Pat, and NO ONE can touch Michael....

but yes, an icon.
Rockyrat
Michael Jackson's personal demons aside, I think that this is one of his best songs....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
NewRockHounder
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Always love to get people going, to where... not my problem- Mrs. CP's response, priceless.
Coalbunny
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Oct 24 2014, 07:24 AM) *
mellow.gif Chaka Khan! Really guys?? wacko.gif

I dunno. She was kinda cute, but nothing like Janet Jackson!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFX3gQHIroU
fenixsmom
I'm not bringing up m.j's personal demons, I wouldn't fo that. Prince and m.j. where just SO PRETTY! Seriously, no disrespect meant. They where just pretty!
Denise
QUOTE (Caveman @ Oct 24 2014, 04:46 PM) *
So, Denise..... what's wrong with Chaka Kahn? She's an icon of the late 70's & early 80's.

Ha! I'm just not a Chaka Kahn kind of gal I guess, more of a rocker. girly.gif Just an FYI though....the song "I Feel For You" was originally written and performed by Prince. biggrin.gif I'm guessing he wrote it on one of those purple rainy days. laugh.gif

Caveman
Ya know - Prince is actually one hell of a rocker - he wrote sexy dance music to pay the bills!
Coalbunny
Get the good stuff, I tell ya! Jim Reeves, Charlie Pride, Conway Twitty, , Twisted Sister, Boondox, ICP.... smiley-laughing021.gif
fenixsmom
I can't lie, I have a lot of respect for all of them that made it. That was back when you actually needed talent to be noticed.

ICP.... my first concert. Lol. 4 days later it was Metallica's Summer Sanitarium Tour.
Coalbunny
My first concert was Van Halen (with David Lee Roth) and ZZ Top back in 1982. Last concert was (I think) Jefferson Starship in 1995.
fenixsmom
Oof, last concert. Slipknot / Lamb of God 2005. GREAT show!
Caveman
Mine were the Osmonds, The Jackson's, Kansas, Hewey Lewis and the News, and Pat Benetar. In that order, I'm afraid....
fenixsmom
Best concert y'all have attended?
Caveman
Front row seats at Def Leppard at the Fiddlers Green (I refuse to call it by the Corporate name).
Rockyrat
My first concert was The Rolling Stones at the L.A. Forum on January 18 1973. I was 9. My parents had three tickets and I somehow got to go instead of either of my older brothers.

My last concert was Metallica in Denver 1997.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.