Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mining claim?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
Pages: 1, 2
jay
Is something like this a complete waste or a scam?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Mining-Cl...=p2054897.l4275
fenixsmom
Being as this is unpatented it is a damn good question! I'll be watching for our current claim owners response. sorry I don't have an answer.
Coalbunny
Research it and find out. I know the area, and it's got gold. May not be a lot of it, but it's there. I suggest that you talk to the current claim owner and see if they'll allow you to test pan a few spots there. For the price, I'd say it's not bad, however...there could be complications. I don't know if those pics are of the site specifically or not. And it may be a good idea to talk with Dan about it as I think he knows that area, too. Perhaps out of curiosity ask the USFS hydrologist about the water?
Crusty
QUOTE (Coalbunny @ Oct 16 2014, 04:47 AM) *
Research it and find out. I know the area, and it's got gold. May not be a lot of it, but it's there. I suggest that you talk to the current claim owner and see if they'll allow you to test pan a few spots there. For the price, I'd say it's not bad, however...there could be complications. I don't know if those pics are of the site specifically or not. And it may be a good idea to talk with Dan about it as I think he knows that area, too. Perhaps out of curiosity ask the USFS hydrologist about the water?

In the "fine print" it does state the pictures may be representative of the area, but not specifically from that claim. That seems kinda sketchy... buy the claim expecting that awesome flowing creek and find out there is no good water flow in your section

fenixsmom
So it is legal to buy the rights to an unpatented claim?
CP
Jay, I see at least a dozen red flags reading this for sale ad!! signs019.gif stop.gif I'd say it's probably a scam! Hold onto your $$ and look for something else.

Jessie, yes it is legal to buy a location claim, they are real property in every sense that can be bought, sold, leased etc.
Unfortunately there are many scammers out there paper filing and then selling claims. Buyers beware when looking to buy location claims. info_grin.gif
fenixsmom
Whew, I'm in the wrong market!
CP
Naw Jessie, you'll be fine, you're in the right club to learn that market!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Contact me anytime, I'm always happy to assist club members with claim staking questions or claim questions and reviews. Knowing how it works in real life helps thin out the signs019.gif one may encounter before they get taken for $$ rides.
fenixsmom
Much obliged!
Caveman
Interesting - Emss, Inc is a travel agency in Florida with 2 employees, at the address indicated on the claim form...

https://www.blm.gov/workspace/ihtml/OpenDoc...isSmartcut=true

Found Emss, Inc here:

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Orl...nc-5007842.aspx

Interesting thing, though - there is an EMSS, Inc (or EMS, Inc) that specializes in mining claims, but I have yet to pin down the address - I do not think this is legit.....

I would call the EMSS in Florida and ask if they have a claim for sale on EBay.... or are related to Earthly Mineral Solutions, Inc. If not - STAY AWAY! And even if they are - STAY AWAY! EMS was/is under investigation by the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
fenixsmom
Dooooh! Caveman for the win!!!!
jay
Thanks for all the help, I have been trying to contact them with no luck. I figured to good to be true, I am going by there this weekend if I can find it.
I am so new to this, probably biting off a little more than I can chew. Maybe just become a member here so I can get my feet wet. There are so many rules it gives me a headache.
I want to go/be a prospector, for something that should be fun can be very overwhelming. There is just so much info you need to know and acquire.
The search continues research.gif
Caveman
Jay, this is the place to learn and get help with your research.... many of the online ads for claims are traps to steal your money. I would visit that claim to see if there is a discovery marker, and corner monuments - from the pic's, that sould not be too hard to do. I strongly suspect that this is a paper claim, with no proper research done, or discovery made.
Coalbunny
Like I said, do your research. I see red flags as well, but if you do the research on it you'll find if the red flags are legit or not.
In the pics I see locations that don't exactly seem like that area. Is that important? Yes.

Perhaps dan will agree or disagree with me on this, but this is what I see (though only partial)

1. Ask the seller for current accurate pics. If they want to sell, they'll provide them. If they don't, red flag!

2. Ask for the coordinates and consent to test pan. Again, if they want to sell, and if it is a valid claim, they won't have a problem with that. it's kinda like buying a car. Would you buy a car without taking it for a test drive? If they don't, red flag!
-BTW- Claim jumpers are out there no matter what. Advertised claim sales or not. They aren't the brightest, but they aren't stupid either.

3. Verify the claim with the BLM and the county. That's easy to do since the seller is providing the CMC# (CMC286829). Check, double check, and triple check. If they don't own the claim, who does? Working a claim you really don't own or have the right to work can be a really bad scene. And it is far worse if it's because you didn't do your research. If it doesn't check out, MAJOR NO-GO!

4. In this case an hydrologist is important. look at the water in the pics. Go to the claim and verify that. Personally, I'm not an ichthyologist, but I can't say I've seen very many fish in creeks with that kind of a problem. Look at the rocks. The pH and chemical content is a likely issue here. Even if there are fish present, I don't know if they'd be something I'd want to eat. Would you?

5. Be very careful, because the Waldorf are, last I knew, had quite a few patented claims. It has been a few years since I last looked at any maps of that area.
EMac
QUOTE (Caveman @ Oct 16 2014, 09:44 PM) *
Jay, this is the place to learn and get help with your research.... many of the online ads for claims are traps to steal your money. I would visit that claim to see if there is a discovery marker, and corner monuments - from the pic's, that sould not be too hard to do. I strongly suspect that this is a paper claim, with no proper research done, or discovery made.

If one were so inclined to buy a good claim, would you or the others in the know here endorse any particular person/organization? I want to find my own, but the thought to buy has certainly crossed my mind.
dbx
Looks like someone bought it. Not sure what 20 mule team in Death Valley has to do with it.
Caveman
QUOTE (EMac @ Oct 17 2014, 10:30 AM) *
If one were so inclined to buy a good claim, would you or the others in the know here endorse any particular person/organization? I want to find my own, but the thought to buy has certainly crossed my mind.

Well, that's a tough one - I do not believe that the CP endorses any company that is selling mining claims - they are in it to make money off of the claim sales, not mining. If you do go with one, you HAVE to do the same research and go out and mark the boundries just as if you were making the claim yourself. It's no shortcut, unless you are pyrchasing a "proven" claim out of state (such as Alaska), and even then, it is extremely risky.

We do endorse doing the research, prospecting the site, and staking the claim yourself. There are many members here who will assist you along the way. They will not do it for you, but will help you do it right. I am getting a great education in fieldwork right now - something that I thought would have to wait until next year. And I am getting comfortable doing the online research, and going to the clerk & recorders offices to finalize before going to the field. I would not trade buying a claim off of ebay for the actual experience I am gaining here for anything!
MikeS
QUOTE (EMac @ Oct 17 2014, 11:30 AM) *
buy a good claim

I have looked into buying gold claims a little but came to the conclusion that a "good claim" is rarely up for public sale, especially at a low price. I am sure there are exceptions, but if it is a producer why would you sell so low? I think many of these gold claims for sale are scams or they are heavily worked claims that are no longer productive. My lode claim for crystals is productive and I don't think I would want to sell it unless for a price that it's worth. I recommend finding your own mineral discovery and staking your own claim. It is gratifying to do this, like being proud of a hard day's work. You can test an area as much as you want before you stake to ensure it can produce enough value to be worth it. It's much cheaper to stake and file then the price of most claims for sale.
Crusty
QUOTE (MikeS @ Oct 17 2014, 04:08 PM) *
I have looked into buying gold claims a little but came to the conclusion that a "good claim" is rarely up for public sale, especially at a low price. I am sure there are exceptions, but if it is a producer why would you sell so low?

I think the same thing about all the places that sell "paydirt." No way I'm buying any miner would sell material they haven't run through something to ensure they weren't passing along a nice find. Then selling what's left with a little taste of something to say they gave folks a shot at some gold. Or maybe I'm just cynical lol
Davem
QUOTE (jay @ Oct 15 2014, 11:46 PM) *
Is something like this a complete waste or a scam?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Mining-Cl...=p2054897.l4275

H'mmm staking and selling mining claims. Sure winner, stuff just riddled with gold.
EMac
Thanks Mike and Caveman,

Personally I'd like to learn the esoteric process to stake my own claim, regardless of if I ended up buying. If I can scoop up an excellent location (material and actual map location) from a known entity (not these folks whom I have had some less than stellar dealings with) for a good price why not?

Where I'm coming from: Phil is the guy who initially taught me how to pan plus some, and he is/was a lifelong miner that to my knowledge didn't search out his own claim. He had 80 acres of claims up on the Arkansas by Leadville and was out pretty much everyday dredging and centrifuging to sell what he recovered each night. His story was as a young man, he kind of apprenticed under the guy who owned the claims, and when the older miner passed, he left the claims to Phil. I'm not sure what happened to him since, but would love to pick his brain more on how he maintained 80 acres of claims when I understand an individual location is 20 acres.

I've also read on this forum that Dan sold a claim for $500, so the act of buying and selling claims ostensibly isn't an issue, but rather navigating/vetting the unscrupulous folks out there. If we're to trust ewg.org's data, there's 123,457 acres claimed on 5,107 claims. While I'm sure there are folks who stake a claim and want to keep it forever, certainly there are others who for some reason or another need or want to part with their claim. It appears to me knowing how to find one of those nuggets (pun intended) is potentially just as valuable, if not more so, as knowing panning techniques or the various rules and regulations surrounding claim ownership. How do I find the Dan's of the world that are honest?

My perspective is one where I just don't know which is worth more of my time. I can't help but notice a lot of threads saying "oh yeah, all the land in that area is already claimed". If this is the case, then buying a claim is potentially the better option. I would want to verify for myself in any area I'm interested in, but seeing the number of those comments certainly isn't encouraging. If EWG is correct and there are 123k acres worth of claims, this leaves a lot of land not claimed (~66.6 million acres in CO). How much of that land is open to mineral exploration and does not have a current claim? I don't know the answers to these questions, but they would certainly help sway me one way or another on which is a better option.

Does anyone have any data, or know where it can be obtained, on how many folks are claiming their own or buying? I'm thinking something along the lines of all the available data on real estate but for mining showing transaction histories, prices paid, production records, minerals found, etc., etc. Is ewg.org accurate? If so, there hasn't been a new claim around my area (JeffCo, Clear Creek, Gilpin) since 2003...that said, I don't necessarily mind being the first in 12 years if true.

Doing a bit more digging, and since this thread started with ebay, I found what appears to be a seller with the right frame of mind that does some sales on there. Does anyone have any experience with Gold Rush Expeditions? They have an interesting scam warning around a particular individual that sounds amazingly similar to the cautions provided by Swizz, Dan, Woody and others. Their discussion, which echoes many points made here, coupled with their guarantee and history makes them appear to me to be legitimate. This is where I'd appreciate the mining veterans taking me to school and poking any holes you see in such a statement. Hell....take me to school anyway :) I enjoy learning.

Wow....I can be pretty verbose....sorry.
leonard
Is the Phil you are referencing Phil Martinez?
Leonard
EMac
QUOTE (leonard @ Oct 21 2014, 04:45 PM) *
Is the Phil you are referencing Phil Martinez? Leonard

Yes sir. My personal experience was that Phil was awesome. He invited me up again, and the 2nd time there was a Larry and Shirley, husband/wife team, doing some dredging while I fumbled with my sluice. They live nearby and showed me how they build a raingutter clean up sluice. I've been fortunate so far and everyone has been incredibly friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I don't know what happened to Phil; I lost his number changing phones and haven't heard back via email in about a year.
MikeS
QUOTE (EMac @ Oct 21 2014, 03:11 PM) *
If so, there hasn't been a new claim around my area (JeffCo, Clear Creek, Gilpin) since 2003

My claim is in JeffCO and it was staked and filed this year along with 2 other claims near me. Most of the others in the area were staked in the past 5 yrs. There is still lots of open territory out there! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Gold may be a bit more limited but open land for gold is still there too!
EMac
QUOTE (MikeS @ Oct 21 2014, 07:43 PM) *
My claim is in JeffCO and it was staked and filed this year along with 2 other claims near me. Most of the others in the area were staked in the past 5 yrs. There is still lots of open territory out there! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Gold may be a bit more limited but open land for gold is still there too!

Thanks Mike - That's good to know! I was/am skeptical of what I saw there. It's strange they're copyrighted from 2007-2012 according to the site, but the data is stale as of 2003. Why they'd pull 4-year old data (at a minimum) is beyond me.
leonard
QUOTE (EMac @ Oct 21 2014, 04:27 PM) *
Yes sir. My personal experience was that Phil was awesome. He invited me up again, and the 2nd time there was a Larry and Shirley, husband/wife team, doing some dredging while I fumbled with my sluice. They live nearby and showed me how they build a raingutter clean up sluice. I've been fortunate so far and everyone has been incredibly friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I don't know what happened to Phil; I lost his number changing phones and haven't heard back via email in about a year.

Phil, Larry and Shirly are great folks.

Here's a story of a place Phil took us to.

http://golddredger.com/derryranch/commonop1.htm

This is another Phil was working with.

http://golddredger.com/derrybg.htm

I found a 3/4 pennyweight on one of Phil's claims on the Arkansas.

Leonard

EMac
QUOTE (leonard @ Oct 22 2014, 09:38 AM) *
Phil, Larry and Shirly are great folks.

Here's a story of a place Phil took us to.

http://golddredger.com/derryranch/commonop1.htm

This is another Phil was working with.

http://golddredger.com/derrybg.htm

I found a 3/4 pennyweight on one of Phil's claims on the Arkansas.

Leonard

That's good to hear, and I want to visit the Derry Ranch all of a sudden.

I figured it's a small community and someone would know these fine folks. Do you know if Phil's still working up there? His website is down, and I suspect he lost the email addresses from the domain as well. A google search shows there's a facebook page, but I ditched my account about 4 months ago.
EMac
BTW, my little avatar pic is me practicing what Phil had just shown me up on his claim. After I got the basics down and could see gold, he cut me loose with one of his dredges. Looking back, I did a very poor job moving material fumbling with the nozzle, but the lessons were priceless. Phil let me keep everything I found, gave me an old black finishing pan, vial and snuffer and ran the cons through his centrifuge so I had material to practice with at home. Of course I've been hooked since....

signs026.gif
Denise
smiley-shocked003.gif The link you put up EMac for "ewg.org" threw me off a bit. I have seen this site before researching what people find when searching this stuff to learn. Many red flags on this site I think. First I noticed the title of the page..."Who owns the west?", then says "a project of environmental working group". unsure.gif

Right away it's first paragraph says ......
The hardrock mining industry owns gold, silver, and other precious metals and minerals beneath an estimated 123,457 acres of U.S. public land in Colorado, resources worth millions of dollars a year, acquired for as little as $0.84 per acre and held in perpetuity for a yearly rental fee as low as $0.62 an acre. Under a 132-year-old law originally intended to spur development of the West, an industry dominated by a handful of multinational corporations pays no federal royalties, and leaves behind a landscape of dramatically diminished value, scarred with tunnels, pits, and toxic waste piles.

stop.gif
This is not a miner friendly site as you can read!! I also looked for the info on the claim Dan and I use to own and it showed we owned 40 acres.......not true at all!! Was actually 18.77 acres. I also notices several were marked as having 21 and is also inaccurate.

There is NO place on the internet to obtain this information! Only with the proper research can one obtain this knowledge. happy112.gif research.gif
Caveman
EMac, I actually see no problem with buying a claim from someone or entity, so long as you can verify that all the info given is accurate (and legal), that you can go out and verify the markings, and prospect the property BEFORE you allow any of your hard earned dollars to change hands. Yes there are many reasons that a good claim may be let go of. I just have questions about a company that is known to go out and make paper claims, run a ponzi scheme (which is why they were investigated by the SEC), and tries to hide their track, and make it difficult to reach a real person. That on top of the fact that they would not give the marker coordinates BEFORE you purchased the claim. Very few of these guys are reputable. You HAVE to do the research as if it were a location your are actually going to claim, and that includes the field work, checking with the BLM and county offices, etc. When I first started on CP, I had found several claims "For Sale" in Left Hand Canyon - and when I checked them out, I found that they were either Boulder County property, private land, or claims that had been abandoned years earlier and had NO CURRENT CLAIM FILED!!! Beware of these guys. They are the current "Soapy Smith's" of the current era.
EMac
I imagine ebay doesn't offer any protections there, or do they? Auction timelines may not be conducive to accomplishing that due diligence. Caveat emptor
Prospector3
QUOTE (jay @ Oct 15 2014, 09:46 PM) *
Is something like this a complete waste or a scam? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Mining-Cl...=p2054897.l4275

Caveman is wrong. EMSS, Inc. is NOT the company investigated, in fact, I bought a Claim from EMSS, Inc., as have many as you can see by their great feedback on Ebay, and they did a great job for me. Not only did I buy a Claim from them, but I bought another recently and one of my friends did also. John was a ton of help and the company has been in business for like 16 years. I would recommend this company and I even called the BLM originally to check them out, and the girl there had all kinds of good things to say specifically about them. Give the BLM a call, if you don't believe me. When I saw this thread, it really irked me because of the great job they did for me.

Prospector3
QUOTE (Caveman @ Oct 16 2014, 11:45 AM) *
Interesting - Emss, Inc is a travel agency in Florida with 2 employees, at the address indicated on the claim form... https://www.blm.gov/workspace/ihtml/OpenDoc...isSmartcut=true Found Emss, Inc here: http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Orl...nc-5007842.aspx Interesting thing, though - there is an EMSS, Inc (or EMS, Inc) that specializes in mining claims, but I have yet to pin down the address - I do not think this is legit..... I would call the EMSS in Florida and ask if they have a claim for sale on EBay.... or are related to Earthly Mineral Solutions, Inc. If not - STAY AWAY! And even if they are - STAY AWAY! EMS was/is under investigation by the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Caveman is wrong. EMSS, Inc. is NOT the company investigated, in fact, I bought a Claim from EMSS, Inc., as have many as you can see by their great feedback on Ebay, and they did a great job for me. Not only did I buy a Claim from them, but I bought another recently and one of my friends did also. John was a ton of help and the company has been in business for like 16 years. I would recommend this company and I even called the BLM originally to check them out, and the girl there had all kinds of good things to say specifically about them. Give the BLM a call, if you don't believe me. When I saw this thread, it really irked me because of the great job they did for me.
MikeS
QUOTE (Prospector3 @ Feb 28 2015, 07:36 PM) *

Hello prospector3! Welcome to the forums! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Caveman is not wrong, he was simply reporting the info he found when he tried to find out more about the company. Even if these two companies are not tied in any way, I am glad he brought the other one up so folks here can have more info if they look into it themselves. Several members here including myself see many red flags when looking at this company's dealings. I have tried a few times to get a hold of someone from the company to see if I could go test a claim they had for sale and never can get any strait info from them. Seeing as you bought a claim from them maybe you can help me with some questions I have that they are unable or unwilling to address. I notice that once a claim is sold the ownership is being transferred at the BLM office. Is the same being done at the county office? Have you seen the proper paperwork filed at the BLM office and County office? Are you able to find your claim boundaries on the ground? Not just a map but boundary markers? If someone comes prospecting near your claim do you know for sure when they are on your claim or not? I have another question that only you can answer as a customer of this company. Do you feel that your claim has enough mineral value to pay off the purchase price and pay for your time? Is it profitable? Or is it just a place to go have some fun prospecting?

I appreciate any answers you can give. Thanks!
Mike
Caveman
Hmmm..... I am having a little problem with this... that info is out there on the internet for all to see, and I only reported what I found to be most reliable.... I also found some shenanigans, but they are definitely not reliable, and would most definitely be slander or worse - IF I POSTED HERE. What I posted were newspaper reports, and I also found another EMS Inc, in Hawaii - an electric company, and it's address was NOT on the aforementioned reports. EMSS in Fla was. I MERELY stated to CALL EMSS in Florida to see if they were the ones selling the claim, and that if they were not, to avoid. Earthly Mineral Solutions was, or still is, definitely under investigation by the SEC for fraud, and this can be proven. EMSS Inc, or EMS Inc, both have been used by the same operator, and this alone raises red flags as those who commit fraud commonly change their names to hide their tracks. If complaining that I am wrongfully accusing someone because they share a name, but are unrelated, I'm sorry - but they should also differentiate themselves somehow from the ones under investigation. I WILL NOT apologize for posting fact, or for giving warning based on that fact. Also - I am readily available through PM. I mean no insult, or harm - but I will continue to post provable fact when I find it to help protect my fellow prospectors.
swizz
QUOTE (Prospector3 @ Feb 28 2015, 07:36 PM) *
I would recommend this company and I even called the BLM originally to check them out, and the girl there had all kinds of good things to say specifically about them. Give the BLM a call, if you don't believe me.

Hi Prospector3 and welcome to CP. smileywaving.gif
In regard to the above quote.... it is unlawful for a BLM employee to give advice or recommend a company, especially pertaining to mineral claims. Despite that, I'd be interested in "giving them a call" as you suggest above.
Could you please tell me which office has "the girl that had all kinds of good things to say specifically about them" that you personally spoke to?
and..... did this conversation take place recently? I won't try to get her in trouble, don't care what her name is (although it would be nice to hear her personal recommendation like you did)... just want to verify what she and that particular Federal office are saying regarding this company. I don't know you either... so we'd all like to verify what you're stating as well. Your name, as a satisfied customer to this company, would be helpful too.
So, I'll take you up on "giving them a call". What is the phone number + State and County of the specific BLM office you received this recommendation from? I can call them tomorrow morning.
THANKS! cheers.gif
CP
QUOTE (swizz @ Mar 1 2015, 02:53 PM) *
In regard to the above quote.... it is unlawful for a BLM employee to give advice or recommend a company, especially pertaining to mineral claims...

Swizz is correct there is no way the BLM "endorses" this or any company. Good job Swizz!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Look forward to hearing what you find out with that phone call too.

Not sure what the confusion seems to be about in Caveman's post quoted either, I thought it was very clear in his post that there were two separate companies he mentioned the first time I read it. No confusion there at all!
Caveman
I want to know more about EMSS, Inc. Who are they? What does EMSS stand for? When were they founded? Are they publically held, and if so - who is the CEO? If not, who is the owner? What state do they operate out of? How many employees do they have? These are legitimate questions, and any legitimate company will happily provide this info upon request to ANYBODY. If they are publically held, then they would be REQUIRED to provide this info plus their financials upon request. Even if they are an "S" corporation, they still have to provide this info. I would investigate ANY company doing speculative land deals, which is what claims are. And since these claims are Federally Administered Lands, they are REQUIRED to be open with this info, or they simply cannot do business dealings with Public Lands legally. If they are unwilling, are unable, or hedge around giving this info - BIG RED FLAGS, and I don't give a shit what their reasoning is. Why am I suspicious? BECAUSE I CANNOT FIND ONE DAMN THING ABOUT THEM other than what I found on "Earthly Mineral Solutions". Answer Swizz's and my questions, and then maybe we will be more accepting.
Caveman
I do have to say this: after further deep diving late last night and this morning, I have found that there is no connection between EMSS, Inc (based in Florida) and Earthly Mineral Solutions (based in Nevada). I have not delved into EMSS, Inc.'s EBay ratings, so I cannot say anything - positive or negative - as to what I have heard because that would be hearsay, but I do encourage those who are interested to check their listings, and their ratings, and - above all - to do your due diligence as to land status, claim status, etc. if you are at all interested in their offerings. And to be very careful, as buying claims is - at the very best - a risky endeavor. I personally would like to do my own prospecting.
Prospector3
QUOTE (swizz @ Mar 1 2015, 02:53 PM) *
Hi Prospector3 and welcome to CP. smileywaving.gif In regard to the above quote.... it is unlawful for a BLM employee to give advice or recommend a company, especially pertaining to mineral claims. Despite that, I'd be interested in "giving them a call" as you suggest above. Could you please tell me which office has "the girl that had all kinds of good things to say specifically about them" that you personally spoke to? and..... did this conversation take place recently? I won't try to get her in trouble, don't care what her name is (although it would be nice to hear her personal recommendation like you did)... just want to verify what she and that particular Federal office are saying regarding this company. I don't know you either... so we'd all like to verify what you're stating as well. Your name, as a satisfied customer to this company, would be helpful too. So, I'll take you up on "giving them a call". What is the phone number + State and County of the specific BLM office you received this recommendation from? I can call them tomorrow morning. THANKS! cheers.gif
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I try to give good feedback on a good experience I had with a seller, and you all jump all over me. That is just typical? As a female in this industry, I suppose that I should not be surprised. So now let me clarify that no federal employee recommended and or gave me advice about a company or person what so ever relating to a Mining Claim. I just was making sure that people should know that these 2 companies are not related in the least bit.
Prospector3
QUOTE (MikeS @ Mar 1 2015, 10:35 AM) *
Hello prospector3! Welcome to the forums! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Caveman is not wrong, he was simply reporting the info he found when he tried to find out more about the company. Even if these two companies are not tied in any way, I am glad he brought the other one up so folks here can have more info if they look into it themselves. Several members here including myself see many red flags when looking at this company's dealings. I have tried a few times to get a hold of someone from the company to see if I could go test a claim they had for sale and never can get any strait info from them. Seeing as you bought a claim from them maybe you can help me with some questions I have that they are unable or unwilling to address. I notice that once a claim is sold the ownership is being transferred at the BLM office. Is the same being done at the county office? Have you seen the proper paperwork filed at the BLM office and County office? Are you able to find your claim boundaries on the ground? Not just a map but boundary markers? If someone comes prospecting near your claim do you know for sure when they are on your claim or not? I have another question that only you can answer as a customer of this company. Do you feel that your claim has enough mineral value to pay off the purchase price and pay for your time? Is it profitable? Or is it just a place to go have some fun prospecting? I appreciate any answers you can give. Thanks! Mike
Mike, I will try to answer your questions, Yes, through the county also, yes,boundaries with GPS, no idea if they are on my claim year round as it is public land, pay for the purchase, I did not buy it for that or profitability, just for fun. I hope this helps. I am surprised that you did not get these answers from them. Try again, might be an email junk mail thing??
Crusty
QUOTE (Prospector3 @ Mar 2 2015, 12:16 PM) *
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I try to give good feedback on a good experience I had with a seller, and you all jump all over me. That is just typical? As a female in this industry, I suppose that I should not be surprised. So now let me clarify that no federal employee recommended and or gave me advice about a company or person what so ever relating to a Mining Claim. I just was making sure that people should know that these 2 companies are not related in the least bit.

Your profile doesn't state that you're female, so not sure what "being a female in the industry" has to do with the perceived "jumping all over." His point was your initial post as a new person to the forum made a statement which goes against what is normal and legal, implying the BLM would give this company positive reviews, which they aren't allowed to do.

This thread was started with a query on what club members thought of the ebay listings. Members chimed in and have since acknowledged these two companies aren't the same. I looked at the seller and it would appear, having sold more than 30 claims with positive feedback, you aren't the only satisfied customer.

I'd love to hear more about your experience, validating what the company has advertised on their ebay listings and what you found when actually going to your claim. Is it all marked and all the paperwork filed correctly? Any luck finding gold on the claim?

Paying someone 10x as much as it would take to do the legwork yourself seems a bit steep, but if it is all legit and your claim is paying out, then there is obviously a market for the service they are providing.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and welcome to the forum!

Caveman
Prospector3 - you were not jumped on, you were asked perfectly valid questions, and I posted perfectly valid and acceptable questions that should be asked about the company you purchased your claim from. Also - as far as the sale, you would have to be the one to refile the claim with the BLM, and EMSS would have to file a "Quit Claim". And, as the purchaser of the claim, you would have to go and mark the claim boundaries, and perform a location discovery all over again for the claim to be valid. Have you done this? If not, your claim may be disqualified when it undergoes review at the BLM. As the claim owner, YOU are responsible for the proper filing, now - even if EMSS made the mistake. One of the reasons why we here at CP are against the "commercial" sale of claims is that too many people think that all the work of filing has been done, without realizing that they HAVE to redo all that land status research, legwork, fieldwork, groundwork, and checking with the county all over again in order to have a valid claim. There are no shortcuts. I am glad that you are happy with you claim, and EMSS - That alone is priceless, no matter what you paid, and it does not matter whether or not you break even on the purchase price. Good luck, and as some say - Heavy Pans! Have Fun Out There!!!
fenixsmom
There is a lot of passion floating around this thread. Possibility being misinterpreted as an attack. Just an outside perspective. Thank you for your feedback prospector3! Thank you gentleman for the follow-up information and legal clarification!
swizz
..... no federal employee recommended and or gave me advice about a company or person what so ever relating to a Mining Claim.

I even called the BLM originally to check them out, and the girl there had all kinds of good things to say specifically about them. Give the BLM a call, if you don't believe me.

Hi Prospector3,
The above two statements of yours contradict each other. Which is a true statement? confused0082[1].gif
I apologize if I appeared to "jump all over you" as you suggest. I sincerely didn't mean to give that impression, just looking to clarify your statements regarding the BLM office and employees. Myself and others are quite vigilant and passionate when it comes to Federal mining laws and those Federal employees whom we pay to manage our lands. We tend to be watchdogs of mining law. Obviously you have had a good experience with this company and now we're trying to verify whether or not the company you personally recommend is the publicly fraudulent company in question.
We don't know you nor the company(s) in question, but we're getting there now. Just sorting out the facts ma'am.... your input is appreciated. cheers.gif
CP
I'm actually still confused from both private/pm threats and the posts in this thread....... Prospector3 are you a paying customer of the company EMSS or in fact the vice president of EMSS and not a buyer at all?
Since you started the accusations lets get that part cleared up as well, that would make a huge difference in your "opinions" now wouldn't it!
which are you....an owner/officer of company or customer?
swizz
The "Report Post To A Moderator" message that I received from Prospector3 several days ago was legally threatening to the CP Club, Members, and Forums. Prospector3 gave the distinct impression that he or she was indeed a representative of the company and ready to take legal action due to negative comments about their company. Once on the Forums, Prospector3 is in the role of "extremely satisfied customer".
Fishy indeed fish.gif .
MikeS
QUOTE (Prospector3 @ Mar 2 2015, 12:27 PM) *
Mike, I will try to answer your questions, Yes, through the county also, yes,boundaries with GPS, no idea if they are on my claim year round as it is public land, pay for the purchase, I did not buy it for that or profitability, just for fun. I hope this helps. I am surprised that you did not get these answers from them. Try again, might be an email junk mail thing??

Thanks for the informative answers Natalka!
It is obvious your company is not properly staking/filing your claims. Have you even been to Colorado? I do not appreciate the threats of lawsuits, the posing as a customer of your company on these forums or implying sexism from the club members here. I am on to your paper scam. You have swindled a lot of folk. I will continue my investigation of your companies activities and report them to my fellow prospectors.
Caveman
Thank God you finally called her out - I was getting damn tired of playing this game. Natalka, you have hurt your own cause doing this. It makes you and your company look very dishonest, which is why we tell people to investigate the hell out of sellers of mining claims. YOU planted these red flags on EMSS, Inc., not us. The only thing we are guilty of is telling people to be wary.

What did you take us for? A bunch of uneducated, greedy fools? I know that's what the reality shows play prospectors and miners as, but the truth is much different. We have been on to you from the moment you posted in this thread. We only played along to see where it went. It did make me investigate further and find that there is no relation between your company and "Earthly Mineral Solutions", but the game you played makes you look no better than them. If you had been honest from the start, you would have been well received, and welcomed. As it stands now, I wish you'd go crawl back under your rock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.