Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Total Lunar Eclipse, Early AM on 10/8/14
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Space and Astronomy
swizz
I'll definitely be up early enough and have been looking forward to this one!
Crusty
Based on this morning's moon, it looks like it'll be low enough to get some landscape shots with it in them, so I'm going to get up and head to Garden of the Gods and see if I can score some cool shots. Wish me luck!

Rockyrat
I recently bought a new camera (Olympus TG-3) and it has more settings than I probably will ever use, but I'm going to get up extra early and see if I can get come cool shots as well.

Now I'm off to buy a tripod.
RhodoRose
Maybe see you over at Garden of the Gods, Crusty... I usually take photos at the north parking lot.
Crusty
QUOTE (RhodoRose @ Oct 7 2014, 03:56 PM) *
Maybe see you over at Garden of the Gods, Crusty... I usually take photos at the north parking lot.

COol! I'll be in the lifted Avalanche. They're calling for clouds now :(
Crusty
In place at Garden of the Gods <yawn>

Bring it it on!
Denise
Watching it with Tim, not that cold either right now.
smiley-clapping.gif Almost entirely shadowed over...what a beautiful sight!! extra_happy.gif
Skygazer
Hope that nobody is missing it, I got up at 3:20, whew.gif I got outside and made a makeshift seat/recliner, boy was it brisk, my mom said that it wasent cold, it was definetly chilly. The moon is a nice deep red with a little orange. sweet.gif
swizz
I'm seeing it and It's amazing!
Crusty
Clouded over here for the best part :/

Still out here; waiting to see what the sunrise brings!
russau
I was up anyway , so I went outside to view it. It was interesting but not as spectacular as the news reported it as going tobe! they said the moon would appear to be larger than it was.
Rockyrat
Pretty much had a steady stream of high clouds here. Got a couple of glimpses of it, but I didn't even try to take any pictures.

I did find the link below that shows all types of eclipses for any area. Kind of cool ...

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/usa/colorado-springs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.