Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: blm proposing new permits
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Land Rights, Laws and References > Fight For Your Rights!
fenixsmom
Up to $1500 per permit for professionals. It's already in it's test phase in Oregon. Here's the story. http://kdvr.com/2014/09/25/forest-service-...wildlife-areas/
EMac
Even if for commercial filming, seems like an enrichment opportunity for lawyers and additional burden on a crappy legal system for very little gain. They'd likely spend more trying to enforce it, than they'll make in fees.

My internal debate is more along charging fees for a public, natural good. Seeing it as a pure money grab, I think this is BS.

Reuters
fenixsmom
I completely agree 100%! I have no idea why they believe they have the right to charge for photographic use of OUR lands. They are stewards, not the owners.
Caveman
Well said, Jessie!
Coalbunny
It won't work. They'll try, but they'll lose. This little thing about the First Amendment and how SCOTUS has already said that photography in the public on public property is completely legal....
swizz
Agree! This can't and won't fly. Kinda funny they even tried it. Would be next to impossible to enforce and what a slap to the general public.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.