Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sketchy
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Prospector's Crafts & Creations
fenixsmom
Some of my sketches. I am by no means an artist, but sometimes they come together. Any other sketchers out there?
fenixsmom
Oh, found three more.
swizz
I like!!
I haven't done much fun sketching in many years. Now mostly for knifemaking designs or other things on the bench I try to fabricate or repair.
Here's an old sketch (charcoal) of a Brown Trout I did back in '91.

Crusty
Those are very cool! Love the butterfly!

I've got no artistic skills lol
Crusty
wow Chris... very realistic!
fenixsmom
That's beautiful swizzle stick!!!!!
Caveman
Outstanding you two!
Skygazer
Very amazing sketch's Jessie. My mom really like's the horse one. signs021.gif She would reply but their computer is down. really like the first one of the Panther. It is very realistic. Swizz's sketch is also very good. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I do chalk drawing's, mostly of space scenes but none have turned out as good as any of yours or swizz's though.

Keep up the good work!!

fenixsmom
Thanks stargazer! Welcome to the forum! The best advice about art that I ever heard was "Art is not about duplication. Instead it is merely the artists interpretation of what he sees before him." Keep practicing and trying new techniques. If the new technique doesn't work, then it's just not YOUR style. I would love to see your art though. Would you mibd posting it?
fenixsmom
I would offer to send her my picture but I've already given it away.
fenixsmom
Ooh, last one i swear. This was a fun fusion project. I've recognized that i have a problem sketching symmetrically,. This was a fun way to beat my problem.
Denise
Fantastic work Jessie! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif The panther actually looks like a tattoo that CP has on his arm, just missing the flower below. biggrin.gif

Great work on the Brown Trout Chris......action shot, love how he's after the smaller fish! Definitely talent flying in this thread!!
RhodoRose
Nice work, fenix and swizz! Why am I not surprised to find witty, multi-talented people on this forum. I love it - you all have so many interests and skills and signs021.gif things to share! It's fun to be a part of a group of people who really get out there and see, and do, and live life to the fullest! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Rhodo~
fenixsmom
Thanks Rodo! Do you have any talents to share with the group? :)
RhodoRose
Well..... in between being a concert pianist, 14er bagger, and space shuttle mission controller, I co-wrote a book about the early days of space - when the US and USSR were locked in a race to successfully orbit the first man-made object. (it's on Amazon.com, but I can get my CP friends an autographed copy for a LOT cheaper!) Not to brazenly name-drop, but check out who wrote the foreward, is that cool or what! wink.gif

(p.s. We got a nomination for the AIAA History Book of the Year!)

Click to view attachment
fenixsmom
Yup, you win! Lol! worthy.gif
RhodoRose
Hahaha! There's a lot of winners here! (But of course - we're CPers! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif )
fenixsmom
Daww you're makin' me blush.
EMac
Way cool! I've wanted to be able to draw/paint/sketch, but stick figures are what I get usually. Same with music, but I pluck around on my gee-tar from time to time when no one can hear me. My dog even leaves the room...

Space shuttle controller sounds like fun! Did you get to know any of the astronauts? I got to spend an afternoon one on one at UCCS with one of those folks down in the springs years ago, and his stories/pictures were amazing. No name dropping since I highly doubt he'd remember me or the afternoon.

Didn't that Van Allen guy sell radiator belts or something? greensmilies-025.gif Someone should stop him (like Tether's Unlimited). That's a serious feather in your cap!
swizz
Rhodo, thank you.... and WOW, really cool!!!! Talk about living life to the fullest, KUDOS!
fenixsmom
Aww the guitar is fun! I can barely play. I was a drummer though.. was just learning double kicks when I lost my kit.
fenixsmom
For a friend for Christmas
Crusty
well done!
fenixsmom
Thanks Crunchy!
fenixsmom
Was tinkering with the ol pencil and paper. Photo courtesy of Swizz. I am calling it "Minig". I really suck with trees. I hope you like it Chris. Don't know what's up with the green dot.
swizz
Minig!! smiley-laughing021.gif smiley-laughing021.gif
Awesome Jess, I don't think I've ever been sketched before. smile.gif
Give me bigger pects please. laught16.gif
fenixsmom
Lol. It's yours whenever we meet up. I kept a photo for my digital portfolio, but the hard raw copy is yours!
NewRockHounder
Dang yer talented! Looks great. ph34r.gif Minig strikes again. tongue.gif
fenixsmom
Thanks Colin!

Sorry swizz. I'll leave it as is. The baggy shirt leaves more for the imagination..... smiley-shocked003.gif smiley-laughing021.gif
MikeS
Awesome sketch! Amazing talent Fenixsmom! wink.gif
fenixsmom
Thanks MikeS!
Crusty
That is so cool!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Crusty
I just noticed the sign... NUNYA!! I love it!

I made a "location" on Facebook (linked to my house) when I posted the cleared pics from our Labor Day Weekend, called the "G14 Classified Placer Claim, Nunya Bidnis, Co." ph34r.gif
fenixsmom
Coalbunny
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Feb 5 2015, 03:05 PM) *
Was tinkering with the ol pencil and paper. Photo courtesy of Swizz. I am calling it "Minig". I really suck with trees. I hope you like it Chris. Don't know what's up with the green dot.

That is some pretty good work!
Denise
Your work is fantastic Jessie! smiley-clapping.gif worthy.gif You definitely have drawing talents!!
I'm especially fond of one your working on in the protected section of the forums! smiley-cool14.gif cheers.gif

Keep steaming ahead, your doing great!
emoticon-object-009.gif
fenixsmom
That one is royally pissing me off. Lol. Scrapping it again for the umpteenth time. I think I'll drop some detail. It's just messy with all the stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.