Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: scouting
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Scratch60
My neighbor and I spent the morning on his property in Hartzell sighting in my rifle and giving him some pistol lessons. Beautiful morning, perfect conditions (dry, cool, no wind). After some careful sighting in, I put 3 out of 3 kill shots on target offhand from 150 yards. Still got my rifle mojo. happy088.gif
The best part was getting outside and doing guy stuff. We found an elk track that was absolutely HUGE! It had to be a Royal the size of a Percheron horse. We later went to Kite lake and I saw some places along Kite creek I'd like to sample. emoticon-misc-004.gif All in all, a real fine Saturday.
fenixsmom
Yay!!! I'm glad you had an awesome day of scouting / male bonding! I'm sorry to ask such a stupid question, but could it have been a moose?
Scratch60
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Sep 20 2014, 08:56 PM) *
Yay!!! I'm glad you had an awesome day of scouting / male bonding! I'm sorry to ask such a stupid question, but could it have been a moose?

Don't think so. It was a distinctive double 'd' shape print. A moose leaves a mirror image teardrop shape and two small marks from the dewclaws.
fenixsmom
Thanks! Now I know what to look out for!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.