Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here I go again
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
NewRockHounder
Going out tomorrow (9/14) just for the day with Badtoad. Try some new areas and also try and locate the real Long Hollow. Since apparently, the fake Long Hollow that I'm at, isn't the real one... I don't get it, but whatever.. If anyone else would like to join us - much appreciated for more knowledge. We'll be meeting at Topaz Point in and around 10am-10:30am. Perhaps I'll see more of ya's.. for once. I'd like to spend majority of the day prospecting - but we'll see what happens. And/or we hit up my pocket - though I'd like to save for when my friend comes out - last trip of the season. Def. places to scout, if not to dig then, for future ref.
Crusty
Good luck fellas! Will definitely have to get some folks in the Springs area together soon! (OK, probably next season lol)
NewRockHounder
Found a decent amount of stuff - I'll have pics in the next couple days.
NewRockHounder
Figured I'd throw ya's a teaser - some of the better ones I found today, pre-cleaning Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Denise
Very cool finds NewRockHounder! happy088.gif Those are going to clean up nicely, looks like several smokey tips on Micrcline. Good job!
NewRockHounder
Final trip up to Devil's Head area, before the trails close. Heading up about .5 miles or less from the Devil's Head turn off, southward. Equally so, heading up at around 5am (well, leaving my house then), Saturday. It's a new area... sorta kinda, in a not so sorta kinda way, I've prospected both up the hill and down the valley, found good areas in both - but never really dug in, and/or didn't have the proper tools with me at said times.

Anywho, as always, anyone is welcome to join me.

If I don't find anything there by midday, I'll probably hit up my pocket one last time. (this year) happy088.gif

emoticon-misc-004.gif
Caveman
Wish I could meet you there, but we are having company this weekend..... I am hoping to put together one more trip in Copper Gulch, though - I hope you will be able to make that one.... I'll keep you posted.
NewRockHounder
As long as it's on the weekend. happy088.gif
Caveman
It will be! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
MikeS
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Oct 16 2014, 09:40 PM) *
Final trip up to Devil's Head area, before the trails close.

I won't be able to get up there this weekend. I get to do more car work this weekend and spend money on pricey rubber pieces....again.
I hope you hit something big man. Good Luck!
NewRockHounder
Son of a .....!!! Through my back out on Thursdays truck - didn't feel it at the time of unloading... but holy hell I feel it now. Don't see myself hiking around with tools, let alone samples. Maybe Sunday - but not looking good.
NewRockHounder
Ok!!! Finally!! The absolute last trip of my Devil's Head mining season. Heading up around 6am (from my house) takes me about an hour to get up there. Gunna hit some new spots that I've previously prospected, in the morning. Now that I have the proper tools. Then by midday will be hitting my endless pocket one last time. Part of me hopes it stays endless but part of me wants to finish the damn thing! All n all it should be a very productive day - even if I find nothing. Gunna be digging and digging, and hey, whatcha know.. digging. I'll take any luck, as always, that I can get.

Colin
fenixsmom
Good luck Collin!
Woody
"All n all it should be a very productive day - even if I find nothing"

Now that is a healthy attitude. Bottle that in a pill form and take one every couple of days. I'd buy 'em, Woody.
NewRockHounder
Weeeeeeeee!!! What a day, lordy.... wow... extra_happy.gif ....to say the least... it was.... incredible! worthy.gif It's gunna take me all week to do this clean up... got uh... a couple samples from my endless pocket and another lil bit from another spot earlier in the morning. The few... yeaaahhh... samples I did get from my endless pocket are - well, broken, but I've come to accept that, some of the best I've pulled yet, both in size and quality. I had to stop as I ran out of spots to carry said samples back and/or what to use to wrap them. Got creative when I ran out of what I normally use. Anywho, pic's will be later this week, unless I happen to clean some tonight in overall excitement. Woooooo!! excited.gif
fenixsmom
Yeah!!!!! Way to go Colin!!!! Glad you had a blast up there!
Crusty
Glad to hear your back cooperated and you had a great day!
Caveman
Way to go, NRH'r! happy088.gif Can't wait to see the pic's.
NewRockHounder
Gunna try and get up there Friday, after work of course, be up to my endless pocket by 1130-1145 if anyone wants to join me, meet me up there, I drive a white 88 4runner. I could use the... well, help, but knowledge more importantly. THIS IS ABSOLUTE LAST GAWD DAMN TIME! (I've been saying last, for the past month, lol) (damn my crystal craze - it's like gold fever, but for crystals) Then I'll be panning with Fenix and Emac and MikeS on Saturday. Then I work a forsaken shift at 3am Sunday - and still trying to find a ride to the Caveman/Woody venture. All n all, gunna be a hell of a weekend, to say the least.
Caveman
Yes, it will be! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.