Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long hollow
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
Badtoad
Ive been trying to find out just where this place is . Long Hollow, somewhere south of Devil's Head. Im thinken its just SW of Topaz Point but how far I don't know. Id would like to do a walk through, cause I have nothing better to do right now. Any help out there?
NewRockHounder
It's that area where I've been digging. That's actuallly Long Hollow. But a ranger a couple weeks ago that I was talking with said that's further to the south, near the quartz mines... which I have yet to find myself. Not sure if there's two long hollows or what, but it's titled that in my mapbook. So I dunno - will say, love to get out there with you sometime in the near future.. lets look together. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Crusty
y'all be careful out there! lol

BigFoot Reporting!
NewRockHounder
Why you say that, Crusty? I've done my research for claims, so I'm NOT claim jumping. Dunno bout this other guy.. but he seems legit thus far.
Denise
Ha! You crack me up Crusty. laugh.gif Crusty was telling you to be careful because of the Big Foot sighting in that area. Did you click the link NewRockHounder?

Have fun out there this weekend guys and I hope you hit a huge pocket!
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
swizz
Bigfoot owns a claim up there. giggle.gif
Crusty
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Sep 14 2014, 07:00 AM) *
Ha! You crack me up Crusty. laugh.gif Crusty was telling you to be careful because of the Big Foot sighting in that area. Did you click the link NewRockHounder?

Have fun out there this weekend guys and I hope you hit a huge pocket!
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That's what I live for... to give folks a reason to laugh, with me or at me! smiley-laughing021.gif
Caveman
Now guys, my cousin BF don't have any claims out there.... He's way to shy to file one!
swizz
Maybe Dan was up there scouting for new CP areas? laugh.gif
720fly
don't be meesin' with Sasquatch
NewRockHounder
Ah so... I did not click the BF link. happy112.gif
Abe
Badtoad, are you only wanting to look in the Devils Head area? Are you looking for Topaz and/or Smokys?
Badtoad
Ive been all over getting the feel on just how hard I want to work to find something cool. Im looking for anything n everything. Ive been to Lake George, Ruby mountain, Crystal mountain, and up in Rocky mountain national. Im getting the leg work and knowledge base down on what areas to look at next year. I seem to find good looking points everywhere but never the whole thing BUT I know where to look. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
swizz
QUOTE (Badtoad @ Sep 15 2014, 10:30 PM) *
and up in Rocky mountain national.

Mineral collection/prospecting of any kind is illegal in RMNP.
Please do your due diligence and check legalities before prospecting anywhere. We can help you with that.
Badtoad
I know it's illegal , I was just looking while hiking there , that's not illegal yet. I'm living in a tent right now till the bank makes up its mind to let us sign the papers on the house. Getting old, they always come up with something else to jump through. greensmilies-025.gif Cant wait to get moved in then get back to diggen . I'd like to hit Lake George north but can't find a way in. Unless there in a side road off of 94 back there that isn't private land.
NewRockHounder
Be careful out there - lot of claims. Do your research - research.gif
Badtoad
I know I know
lostnewb
QUOTE (Badtoad @ Sep 13 2014, 02:18 PM) *
Ive been trying to find out just where this place is . Long Hollow, somewhere south of Devil's Head. Im thinken its just SW of Topaz Point but how far I don't know. Id would like to do a walk through, cause I have nothing better to do right now. Any help out there?

From what I have found this may be the spot...

It is located near the start of Forest Service Road 348 about 5 miles south of Devils Head

This may help a little more. Long hollow This will lead you up to the old quarry.

Not sure though. Seems that people refer to the old quarry as long hollow. Is there some mysterious second long hollow that we dont know about....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.