Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's Your BMI?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
swizz
Body Mass Index: BMI Calculator American Heart and Lung
Dan's called me "skinny" more than once and suggested that I check my BMI... so I did. spock.gif
I'm 5' 10" and weight in at 153lbs, never fluctuates.
My BMI calculates to 22 which is right in the middle of "normal". Body fat checked-in at 11% last I had it checked but it's been a while. Lean and mean, there ya have it. emoticon-misc-004.gif
I need to quit smoking at some point.
Post your BMI if you dare. tongue.gif
Crusty
I don't have enough fingers or toes to count mine ;)
swizz
Liar! You're a pretty fit dude.
Denise
smiley-laughing021.gif You guys crack me up!!! Ok, I'll play along. biggrin.gif

I am at 20.5...... weighing 135 at 5' 8". girly.gif laugh.gif

Tim is at 22.0 as yourself Chris. Weighs in at 167 at 6' 1". Tall kid!!

russau
that calculator isn't working now!l I plugged in my numbers and smoke filled my computer screen! maybe im a little over my BMI??
Caveman
It smoked for me too.... darn it.
fenixsmom
21.6% @ 5'5" est. 130# :) happy day! Almost back to my pre pregnancy fighting weight!
CP
QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 6 2014, 07:50 AM) *
Body Mass Index: BMI Calculator American Heart and Lung
Dan's called me "skinny" more than once and suggested that I check my BMI... so I did. spock.gif
I'm 5' 10" and weight in at 153lbs, never fluctuates.
My BMI calculates to 22 which is right in the middle of "normal". Body fat checked-in at 11% last I had it checked but it's been a while. Lean and mean, there ya have it. emoticon-misc-004.gif
I need to quit smoking at some point.
Post your BMI if you dare. tongue.gif

smiley-laughing021.gif Good thread Chris, yep I did say that and I'm stickin' with my story. You're still skinny! tongue.gif Strong wind gust might just swoop you clean off that scaffolding!

What's up with you guys having trouble with "smoke and numbers"? Chickens!! poke.gif The ladies didn't have any problems posting up theirs..... biggrin.gif Congrats too fenixsmom!

For mine it came up with a "buck rut buff" 28 on the nose! For 6'1" @ 212 the chart says I'm "ready for winter"!! laught16.gif Must have lost some weight, I thought I'd be a bit heavier than that.. happy112.gif Or maybe that's the old age showing when I'm huffin' on the hillside... slaphead.gif

So who else dare post up their BMI as Chris puts it.... smiley-clapping.gif Oh and BTW Chris, I also still say your color perceptions are off for blue and green! groucho.gif
Caveman
BMI is still over normal (25.4%) at 157lbs, and I'm still very high in body fat (22.4%), though I don't show it too much - save for the beer gut, but I'm workin' on it!
The funny thing is that I still am negatively buoyant in most waters, except for the Dead Sea. A rock would float there, though. There was a really skinny guy who was about 30' out from the shoreline in about 40'-50' of water, and looked like he was standing on the bottom - He was clear or the water right up to his solar plexus!
russau
My weight is like my shop! ive been trying to clean and arrainge it for 22 years and im still working on it! although I did lose 18 lbs since I retired!
MikeS
I started this season at 180 lbs. (6'0"tall) BMI 24.4
Now I am at 160 lbs. BMI 21.7
Fastest weight change I have ever had. I'm blessed with a high metabolism and active lifestyle. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
fenixsmom
Thanks Dan :D
EMac
BMI is just a model and isn't a good indicator; mine always says I'm overweight. It's not as bad as when I was in the AF and had lots of gym time (ran around at 190-195) . I'd max the PT tests, but still had to waste the time to get the tape tests for being overweight.

I tip the scales at 180lbs at 5'10" putting me at 25.8 (overweight), but my body fat is probably closer to where Swizz is at.

E
fenixsmom
Body mass doesn't equate to fat mass. Remember, muscle weights more than fat.
swizz
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Sep 11 2014, 09:49 AM) *
smiley-laughing021.gif Good thread Chris, yep I did say that and I'm stickin' with my story. You're still skinny!

I'm not skinny.... I'm just small boned. giggle.gif
I'm not sure what BMI really means but I feel purty good. Cripes I'm in my lower 50s and can still do as many pushups as my age. When that takes a turn I'll have to adjust something. I gotta sling ladders every day.
fenixsmom
So Chris has a stick figure you say? I henceforth dub thee "swizzle stick"!
swizz
smiley-laughing021.gif
That's cuz I like to stir things up! stirthepot.gif
Thin to win. greensmilies-012.gif
fenixsmom
Thanks for.the laugh Chris!
Caveman
"Swizzle Stick". Now that's Fancy!
swizz
Fancy indeed. chaplin.gif
Coincidentally, my screen name "swizz" was derived from the word "swizzle". The "swizzle" is a fly pattern that I created (chironomid larvae) about 10yrs or more ago. It's a thin pattern that resembles a swizzle-stick, and hence the name. It kinda caught fire as a regional stillwater pattern and everyone normally refers to it now a "swizz".
I adopted that handle on flyfishing forums a long time ago, which I rarely participate on now, but I just carried that handle over here.
Now I kinda wanna change it to something more mining appropriate.
fenixsmom
Honestly, since I started on the forum I've wanted to dub thee swizzle stick. I have been very patiently waiting for a reason to call it out!
Denise
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Sep 11 2014, 09:49 AM) *
For mine it came up with a "buck rut buff" 28 on the nose! For 6'1" @ 212 the chart says I'm "ready for winter"!! laught16.gif

smiley-laughing021.gif You crack me up Dan!! I about spit my coffee all over the keyboard when I read that! laugh.gif Buck rut buff! Too funny!

I'm thinking even if you changed your username now Chris, everyone will still call you swizz...or the deemed name swizzle stick.
laugh.gif
swizz
.... but ya doesn't have to call me Johnson.
(only the baby boomers will get that one) biggrin.gif
fenixsmom
Bob Congdon?
russau
QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 14 2014, 09:21 AM) *
.... but ya doesn't have to call me Johnson.
(only the baby boomers will get that one) biggrin.gif

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.