Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first book
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
Scratch60
This is my first photography book. If you visit, please leave a comment.
Hope you like it.
Crusty
WOW! What an amazing collection of photos!!
NewRockHounder
Very nice, kinda makes me wish I stuck with my photography skills - just recently got into the digital age... I'm old school, prefer film, and on that note, just reminded myself that I have 39ish rolls of film that I still need to develop. Hopefully they haven't gone bad. (If anywhere still does that..)
russau
Mike your photo book is really nice! beautifull pictures and the cropping of these pictures is great! I tried to leave a comment but a person (I assume) had to join / register and I didn't want to do that! sorry! but your book is very enjoyable to view!
swizz
Absolutely incredible compositions Mike and a great collection. worthy.gif worthy.gif
Denise
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif smiley-clapping.gif Fantastic pictures Scratch, each definitely tells it's own story!
Not sure what one is my favorite yet since they are all so stunning......will just have to look at them all again! biggrin.gif
Scratch60
I posted this because Swizz asked for some photos. Thanks to all of you for the kind remarks.
russau
you deserve them!! lots of talent shown in these pictures! I hope you've copyrite them pictures like D&D does to help prevent anyone from stealing them and using them all over the world!
Scratch60
QUOTE (russau @ Sep 5 2014, 04:23 AM) *
you deserve them!! lots of talent shown in these pictures! I hope you've copyrite them pictures like D&D does to help prevent anyone from stealing them and using them all over the world!

Thanks Russ,
Here's something that may surprise you: Copyright law says soon as you open the shutter, that image belongs to you whether you copyright it or not. Even if you're the 15000th photog to take an image of the Maroon Bells, your particular image is distinct and unique. As soon as you publish or post under your name, its as good as a copyright. Just to be on the safe side (and it may be hard to read in the preview) I claimed all rights to those images in the book. All rights include world rights.
Denise
True stuff Scratch! I tag ours anyways because they have been taken without permission and used......... even with our tags. That way at least we get photo credit. rolleyes.gif
Scratch60
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Sep 6 2014, 05:47 AM) *
True stuff Scratch! I tag ours anyways because they have been taken without permission and used......... even with our tags. That way at least we get photo credit. rolleyes.gif

A gent in Florida used one of my images without permission on his business card! We settled out of court.
Dypheron
In a world where its getting increasingly difficult to come up with a unique idea or product photography is one of the last realms where anyone can create something sensational. And own the rights to it even! Wonderful shots Mike!
Scratch60
QUOTE (Dypheron @ Sep 6 2014, 11:52 AM) *
In a world where its getting increasingly difficult to come up with a unique idea or product photography is one of the last realms where anyone can create something sensational. And own the rights to it even! Wonderful shots Mike!

Thanks, Brandon. I didn't take as many as I would have liked over the labor day event. I'll post what I can on that topic.
Scratch60
Well, here goes. My book "Finding Light" is going on Amazon in a couple of days. Cross your fingers.

I need the money.
Crusty
Post up the link when it goes live!

Good to hear from you!
RhodoRose
Beautiful photos, Scratch, sign me up for a copy!

I hear what you're saying on the copyright issue. Supposedly, the same is true for writing as for photography; as soon as you put down original words, they belong to you, with or without a copyright marking. Interesting to see where paragraphs from my book have surfaced without my permission...

Congratulations! Publishing is no small accomplishment! smiley-clapping.gif

Rhodo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.